Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D PDF printing support

2D PDF printing support

Not exactly an original idea, but provide a built-in PDF printer

102 Comments
Bramvdouwelant
Contributor

I could highly recommend you the Bullzip PDF printer. It's not built-in, but it works great. And maybe the best part : it's for free.

For the PDF Link you get my vote.Smiley Wink

duanx
Autodesk

One of our EP customer ask the same question, since the lady found some information lost when she using PDF-XChange Printer 2012.  So could Revit has a default PDF creator just as AutoCAD does?

lonerganjeff
Contributor

And make the PDF snapable like in AutoCad.

highrez2
Enthusiast

AutoCAD has DWG to PDF, Revit needs RVT to PDF as well.  Is this idea even being considered?

Tags (2)
C3D_TomR
Collaborator
highrez2
Enthusiast

This assumes you have paid for a PDF writer that supports linking, I'm suggesting Autodesk provide a PDF driver with hyperlink support. Either as a add-in, extention, part of subscription ect.

Our office has mutilpe PDF drivers I would like to just have one, just like AutoCAD.

geo-arch
Advocate

And ability to batch convert different type of formats. 

KirkBricker
Participant

Back in the day I used Revit 4.0, when Revit was Revit Technology Corporation. It had a built in .pdf engine (Pinebush PDF Writer), and as the software spit out .pdf drawings all the view callouts were linked, your sheet index was linked to your sheets, it was a pretty cool feature. It was just a simple check box in the print dialog box, to link drawings. As Autodesk purchased the software, the built in .pdf engine was yanked out.

pieter7
Advisor

It would indeed be great if the sheet list would link to the sheets (similar to how callouts and sections work now).

siulum12
Observer

Print to 3D-PDF translator would be nice. Often requested by client

Kind Regards Michael

C3D_TomR
Collaborator
AnnaOscarson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

again_wei1
Advocate

@dplumb_BWBR wrote:

Not exactly an original idea, but:

- Provide the ability to Link in a PDF

- Provide a built-in PDF printer

it would be wonderful if Revit can export 3D pdf model and print 2D pdf with layer information.

KM_Springfield
Advocate

Theres not many comments on the linking in of pdf's which I would find more useful than the print as there are plenty of free PDF printers that are pretty good!

@lonerganjeff 's point is very valid as you can measure within the PDF and snap to points so the info is there in the PDF.

siulum12
Observer
Direct 3D PDF Export would be a big help. Everyone has Adobe Reader plus
everyone can use it!!! So many clients ask for 3D PDF
harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision.  Please note that we are considering this idea to be the "Provide a built-in PDF printer" and will consider linking PDF separately.

The Factory

frank_wolbertus
Contributor
We need this yesterday
lionel.kai
Advisor

@highrez2 CutePDF is free, and seems to support hyperlinks (from the reports of others). The only problem is when you need to re-order the sheets.

highrez2
Enthusiast

I have had issues in the past with CutePDF not embedding fonts or displaying fonts. If the writer came from Autodesk like "RVT to PDF" output it should support fonts and hyperlinks without question.

Just a wish

lionel.kai
Advisor

It would definitely be easier if the onus for compatibility was just on one entity - Autodesk. 🙂

Including a 3D PDF feature would also be nice.

If they also made a Batch Plot utility that could combine sheets from multiple models, we'd never need Acrobat...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report