Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking in dwg-files in a C4R project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hege.auraen
389 Views, 3 Replies

Linking in dwg-files in a C4R project

When using dwg-files as an underlay for a project using C4R, it seems like this workflow (linking dwg-files) are not supported by the connection to BIM360 Team and C4R. I have the same problem for project families.

I saw a solution using A360 Drive, but this is meant for personal use and does not seem like a good solution to me. Does anyone know of a good workflow to solve these issues?

Thanks,

Hege Auråen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nbower
in reply to: hege.auraen

We have used Dropbox before with some of the non-hosting externals files.  Seemed to work ok because dropbox placed an icon on your desktop to browse to.  

We have also had success with importing the CAD files in to families.

Message 3 of 4
andybrack
in reply to: hege.auraen

When using C4R,  we have been creating a Revit site model and linking the .dwg files into the site model.  Link the Site.rvt file in to the architectural building model. 

To see the .dwg files, you have to adjust the view settings in the architectural file. Open the architectural file and open the view settings dialog box (or view template settings). Go to the 'Revit Links' tab and change the settings from 'By Host View' to 'Custom' for Site.rvt model. In the Basics tab, click the 'Custom' radio button, then select the Import Categories tab. Change the dropdown from 'By Host View' to 'Custom. Finally enable the check boxes next to the .dwg files you need to see.

Long winded, I know, but hopefully this helps.  It is worth noting that the .dwg files are hosted on our office server, not A360. In the attached screen capture, the cad file can be seen with the blue, green, and red linework.

Message 4 of 4
hege.auraen
in reply to: andybrack

Thank you! I will try that 🙂

Do you have any experience with project families and how this should be handeled on projects using C4R?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report