Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to skip the upgrading of link files in Revit?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Radish_G
621 Views, 3 Replies

Is there any way to skip the upgrading of link files in Revit?

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to skip the upgrading (Revit – 2016 to Revit – 2017) of link files in Revit?

Today I opened a quite big project which has lot of Revit Links. It takes lot of time to upgrade the linked files.

But ultimately, it’s not use full, because it cannot be updated to the link files.

Attached screenshots for your kind review.

Please advise...,

Regards
Radish G
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nmysorewala
in reply to: Radish_G

Hi

I take you want to be able to select whether to upgrade the Links or not?

You have a few options here.

1. Use Etransmit and NOT select Linked files,

2. Use Specify Workset option (hopefully they have put Links on the separate Link Worksets. Close those. as a matter or fact, just close all and files will upgrade somewhat faster)

3. If you forgot 2 above, when you see the Green bar at the bottom of the screen showing the upgrade process, Click Cancel. You will have to do this multiple times for each link. (not ideal)

Hope this answers you question. If so please do not forget to accept it as a solution

Thanks

nauman

BIMologist
Message 3 of 4
Radish_G
in reply to: nmysorewala

HI Nauman,

Thanks a lot for your time and info.

Regards
Radish G
Message 4 of 4
BIMologist_
in reply to: Radish_G

I am glad I was able to answer your question. I would also recommend that prior to UPGRADING , open the model in 2016 with the AUDIT option. This also helps in the upgraded project and reduces upgrade issue if there are some elements that are needed repair.

The other item to be aware of is that the TEXT WILL BE DIFFERENT in 2017 file. This is due to the change made to the Text engine in 2017.

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Autodesk Expert Elite Member
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting
Autodesk Expert Elite Member

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report