Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R Keynoting

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
919 Views, 9 Replies

C4R Keynoting

We are collaborating with another firm and need to share Keynoting file (as there can only be one keynoting file).  Can the keynoting file be located on A360 Team Hub, if no, what is the best practice.

David Haynes

keynoting_settings.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JADAstudio
in reply to: Anonymous

As it was explained to me the only linked or support files that the current incarnation of C4R can store are .RVTs. Everything else must be stored locally for each user. I'm guessing that in the case of text files like keynotes and shared parameters each user must have the same drive letter mapping and file path to their local copy of each text file. That means multiple copies of the text files which seems like a really bad idea.

Perhaps putting all of these files into a Dropbox folder, sharing it among the project participants, and agreeing to a identical file path / drive mapping strategy would work but I haven't tried it. Certainly this would not be an optimal solution.

Yeah, sorry, not much help I know.

Since this seems like a such a fundamental useability issue can anyone from Autodesk can comment on a timeframe for solving this completely within C4R?

Message 3 of 10
hrm3
in reply to: JADAstudio

Is this still the case, keynote files can not be stored/accessed from C4R?  I can upload a txt file to the A360team hub but can't seem to access it from inside the keynote browser settings.  

Any update on when this is going to work?  seems like an easy solution could be had.  Keynoting is a hugely important feature for our revit production.....

Message 4 of 10

I'm working a project with another firm as well where we are going to want tot use the same Keynote file as well. Autodesk needs to add the ability to link a Keynote file that is on the hub. and possible devise a keynote editor similar to what Revolution Design has.

Architect, BIM Systems Manager
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 10
walter

I also tried uploading our keynote file to the A360 Team Hub, doesn't work.  Also copied to keynot files to the desktop compressed A360 drive but that won't work either.  The A360 local sync drive shows as a system drive and Revit won't accept the path.  We use keynotes for all our detailing and repeative plan notes.  Looks like we'll be assigning one person to control all the keynotes until AutoDesk and give us a workable solution.  

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: walter

Has anyone successfully mapped via the 'external resources' tab?  I am also trying to resolve this keynoting problem, but I can't figure out the actual location that tab is reading from.

MG86479 Mapping Keynote Path 2.png

Message 7 of 10
Mathew.a.MIller

Autodesk does not have a good solution for this.

one hact is to make sure that all team members have a drive mapped the same and put the keynote file there, (not real good solutions.

Revolution Design the makeres of Keynote manager just released their version 14 of Keynote manager where they intorduced cloud service to address this issue, check them out http://www.revolutiondesign.biz/keynotemanager/

Architect, BIM Systems Manager
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mathew.a.MIller

Thank you for the prompt reply. Hopefully AD will resolve shortly?

Message 9 of 10
hrm3

We can't figure out how to map sources to the external resource section either.  That seems like it would solve our problems.

As far as AD providing a solution soon?...?   doubtful.  

Message 10 of 10
mmerkel324
in reply to: hrm3

What is the intent of the External Resources button if it is not able to host keynote text files?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report