Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have successfully synced & This operation could not be completed

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Ian_H
1304 Views, 10 Replies

You have successfully synced & This operation could not be completed

Members of our team seem to be getting conflicting info when syncing to ACC. All the green bars are full, but it states that the operation could not be completed. 

sync imamge.png

The only solution I have seemed to find is that I relinquish all mine and then when I sync it doesn't do this. Then I will work for a while and sync and I get the error again. 

Any solution ideas?

Thanks

Tags (4)
Labels (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jade.l
in reply to: Ian_H

Hi @Ian_H 

Could you please check if everyone collaborating on the cloud model work exactly at the same Revit version including the minor version? 

jade.l

Message 3 of 11
Ian_H
in reply to: jade.l

We are all using the same version of Revit. 

I did quite a bit of model cleanup yesterday and so far today we haven't had the issue. So perhaps that fixed it and Revit just needed to be shutdown and  reopened. 

Message 4 of 11
jade.l

Hi @Ian_H 

Glad to know the problem is gone. 

Could you please what do you do with the model cleanup? It could provide some clue. 

jade.l

Message 5 of 11
Ian_H
in reply to: jade.l

The main things that I cleaned up were a few hundred duplicate items in the same spot and around 700 wall sweep duplicates in the same spot.

Message 6 of 11
jade.l

Thank you for the sharing @Ian_H though I don't quite understand how the clean-up helps. 

We can others to try out when they meet such case. 

jade.l

Message 7 of 11
damonAM

I just had this on one of our BIM360 projects here, all users were getting this dialog error message.

Revit version 2023. We just upgraded everyone on the team to 2023.1.3. I found that if I relinquished all users this then fixed this issue. There was an old user that was no longer on the project, but he still had something borrowed from him somewhere deep in the revit file that I could not see. Must be an issue with versioning detected in the background.

Message 8 of 11
Ian_H

*Update*

Since we just switched to ACC we had some training with USCad and we asked him and he said that it is a corrupted backup file and the solution was pretty simple. 
Here is a similar workflow from Autodesk. The only thing he told us to do was to just clear both the folders (except for the .json file or logs folder). When we restarted revit those folder would repopulate .
The users having this issue cleared these folders and we haven't had the issue since. 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Clear-a-corrupt-da...

Message 9 of 11
damonAM

If this was related to a single user then I can believe this is the solution. However, this happens with multiple users on the same model, and we have other models where this error does not happen at all. Even though you get the error message the data you create/manipulate is still being added/updated to the master file, so gratefully you are not losing any data from this error. Therefore, this is not a corrupt backup file at all. Corruption in the backup file data would just halt your progress in syncing the model forever.

Although in saying that, I can believe that refreshing your local data is probably a good thing as it seems to be that the more you do this the healthier your model becomes. 

Message 10 of 11
SébastienGagnon
in reply to: damonAM

We have the same issue at the moment and the solution doesn't work for us. 
The whole team is having the issue and we are working from multiple locations.

Message 11 of 11
damonAM
in reply to: SébastienGagnon

Make sure everyone is on the same Revit and Desktop connector versions. If this is the case, then I'd contact your local Autodesk support fella.

I also "purged all" from my models until there was 0 items left to be purged, and ran an audit upon opening, before I used the "relinquished all" command that you can access via the "home page" (CTRL_D), browse to your model on Autodesk Docs, and click on the 3 dots at end of the line, click on relinquish. Select all users and click OK.

Sorry if this is what you already did but was hard to tell if you followed those steps or not from your post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report