Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[You do not currently have access to Collaboration for Autodesk Revit]

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
fernanda
5565 Views, 26 Replies

[You do not currently have access to Collaboration for Autodesk Revit]

Hi, I'm already logged in with my account in both places, Revit and in A360's website. And i can travel through the A360 project just fine, but only when I'm at the browser. The problem is that I'm still getting that message. Any ideas?
Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
AdamPeter
in reply to: fernanda

Logging into A360 from Revit does not mean that you have a Collaboration for Revit entitlement assigned to your A360 User ID.  Whoever manages that entitlement needs to go to manage.autodesk.com and ensure you've been added to the entitlement.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 3 of 27
fernanda
in reply to: AdamPeter

Ok, i will check that out. Thanks.

Message 4 of 27
KyleB_Autodesk

Go here for a documented process.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 27

Hi,

So I did this with a user.  Gave him access.  He clicked on link in his email and you can see in his profile he has access to collaboration for revit.  Invited him to the team hub and a team member.  He has joined a project and everyone can see him as a member of the project and team.  Everyone can see him in the revit communicator and send him messages.  He goes to open the revit project associated with the project in A360 in the open dialog and he gets the message" You do not currently have access to Collaboration for Autodesk Revit."  Why would this be happening?  Has anyone ran into this before?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

Message 6 of 27

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

So I did this with a user.  Gave him access.  He clicked on link in his email and you can see in his profile he has access to collaboration for revit.  Invited him to the team hub and a team member.  He has joined a project and everyone can see him as a member of the project and team.  Everyone can see him in the revit communicator and send him messages.  He goes to open the revit project associated with the project in A360 in the open dialog and he gets the message" You do not currently have access to Collaboration for Autodesk Revit."  Why would this be happening?  Has anyone ran into this before?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

If he sees the "A360 Collaboration for Revit" service on manage.autodesk.com, then it sounds like 1 of 2 things.

1. He has an old version of C4R + Revit UR installed on the machine, and that old version can no longer communicate with the C4R service.  Is the latest versipon installed?

2. The network conditions are blocking communications with C4R, but not Communicator.  Can he use another Autodesk ID as a test and see if he can access models?

Can you grab the journal file from the Revit session where this occurs?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 27

My team is having the same problem. 2/3 of us get the error and are unable to access the model however 1/3 of us can access it fine. Is anyone able to explain this issue? My admin has given the team the same permissions. What is going on?  

Please help,

Matt

Message 8 of 27
AdamPeter
in reply to: mrodgersVL2Z3

Hi Matt,

Is everyone have the same version or Revit and C4R installed?  Also, does permissions mean that they were invited to the hub and project or that the C4R entitlement has been assigned to each users Autodesk ID?  If you would like to provide a copy of the journal file for the 2 users who cannot see projects you can send them to me via private message.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 9 of 27
mdsharp5

i had the same issue. this was resolved when ALL installs of my users were using the latest revit build.

here is the sequence that worked for me;

NOTE: we are 'subscription' users-

After the base install is done successfully and working, you need to install 'Update 1 for R2'.

Then after that install is successful (and working), i then installed the 'Autodesk_Collaboration_v4_for_Revit_2016’.

Fortunately after all that, it worked. all users are able to access the model from within the Revit open-operation (via the 'a360' icon).

This is what I see after the 2 installs in the help dialog;

20151209_0715(x64)

Update1 for R2

Unfortunately, I can't tell which version/build of C4R is installed. We would like to know?...and, i don't know the sequence when not a subscription customer... But, it seems after the base install, some sort of update has to happen first.

hope that helps!

Message 10 of 27
mrodgersVL2Z3

Adam,

Yes, we are all using the same version of Revit 2016 and we each downloaded and installed the same 2016 C4R.

Yes, my admin has invited us and given us the same entitlement. 

I am intested in solving this asap so a private message or email will work just fine.

Matt

Message 11 of 27
AdamPeter
in reply to: mrodgersVL2Z3

Hi Matt,

I tried to send you a private message but it seems you do not have that functionality enabled.  Please enable and send me a note of how best to get in touch with you.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 12 of 27
cholden

Good morning!

I am having the same issue as Matt. My users are all using the same version of Revit 2016 and installed the same 2016 C4R. I have given them all access to their licenses in our account management tab. They have been invited to the team hub and have all been invited to the project. One user is able to access and the other is not. I'd like to get this resolved asap. Help!

Message 13 of 27
AdamPeter
in reply to: cholden

Hello,

It can sometimes take a couple of hours for the accounts to process (when you add the C4R entitlement to their account). If it's been a lot longer than that then please post a journal file from a user that is not able to access so we can see what's happening.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 14 of 27
cholden

It just took longer this time than it has in the past. All good!

Message 15 of 27
bcampbell11

This is happening to us as well, we waited 3 days and still the user cannot get access.  He can see access from the web browser but not from Revit, we are using Revit 2016 and C4R 2016.  Any ideas?

Thanks 

Message 16 of 27
AdamPeter
in reply to: bcampbell11

Hello,

I've send you a direct message to see what I can do to help you address this issue.

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 17 of 27
cadmgmt

Please contact me.

I have this same problem even though I have 2 licenses until September.

I need the fix.

Thanks,

Ian

Message 18 of 27
AdamPeter
in reply to: cadmgmt

While we continue to investigate root cause, if you have additional users that are specifically getting the error below and have validated they have been assigned a C4R entitlement please e-mail me directly at adam.peter@autodesk.com with their Autodesk ID and/or e-mail address and we will work directly with you to get those users back up and running.

Open Error.png

thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 19 of 27
K_Reycraft

Adam.

I am experiencing the same problem as Matt above.  I realize some time has passed since the original postings but has there been a solution?

Kirby

Message 20 of 27
jason.quarry
in reply to: K_Reycraft

I just sent you an email Adam.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report