Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why IFC can't be linked using shared coordinates?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petrinaemanuel
397 Views, 2 Replies

Why IFC can't be linked using shared coordinates?

Hi all,

I am wondering why there is not an option to link an IFC file using Shared coordinates. 

For example if you bring the (Architectural)IFC in Navisworks, it comes in the right place (right place - as all the other IFCs -M&E, Structural Model etc.). If I try to link it in Revit, it says it's miles away.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxx.blake
in reply to: petrinaemanuel

Have you found a solution to this? We have the same problem in our office...

IFCs are in the correct position in Solibri - the wrong position in Revit.

When we like the Native Revit Files by Shared Coordinates, they are in the correct position.

However, our two collaborators have different Internal Origins, which is causing the discrepancy. I.e. when Revit links an IFC it can only link by Origin to Origin... what a disaster...

Message 3 of 3

i supose to open your IFC in the Navisworks and transform the Coordinates to 0,0,0 then save it and try to open it in the Revit it will doing well.

and try to see the attached links may you find your answer as well 

How to control coordinates when exporting from Revit to IFC | Revit Products 2019 | Autodesk Knowled...

Using IFC files with a Shared Coordinates system – Cadline Community

Best Regards,,

Mohamed Nassar

BIM Engineer At SBS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report