Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it look like when someone doesn't relinquish?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ben
Collaborator
415 Views, 1 Reply

What does it look like when someone doesn't relinquish?

Hi everyone, brand new Revit user so cut me a little slack. I am the only person at our company that does any Revit drawings, but I still save a central file on the server and create a local, all that jazz. The problem is that when I get arch, scruch, and mech models and I link them all into my project the mechanical is locked up tight and I cant make any adjustments to the engineers drawing. That's fire for the arch and struch because I have no need to move any of that stuff other than maybe add some clearance boxes for the angle of repose under and around column pads. Is this a result of the mech engineer not relinquishing before sending me his central model? I can select a piece of pipe, but all the properties are greyed out and so are some functions like the move button. Is this what it looks like when someone fails to relinquish? What else are give away signs that it wasn't relinquished?

Software making you mad? Slam your mouse on the desk...60% of the time, it works every time.

"Revit lives in the land of perfect and doesn't understand what construction is."

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Corsten.Au
in reply to: ben

Hi

Check the Workset and it will show "who's the Owner of workset.

If Mech Workset is locked then it should show You as a borrower, but wont allow you to change

anything cause its still Owned by mech guys and they need to relinquish it for you.

Hope that helped.

Cheers

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report