Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What constitutes a new Version of a model

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dtpeter2901
601 Views, 1 Reply

What constitutes a new Version of a model

I'm working on a collaborate for revit project on the 2018 BIM 360 Teams application.  Recently I had a member from one of our consultants open our model and showed up as a borrower of an element and a view.  Which I know if you select the element, you basically become the borrower so I'm kinda ok with that.  So it got me thinking and I went to look at the "View Versions" via the "Manage Cloud Models" Dialog box and saw the users name listed with one of the "versions".  From my understanding, to create a new "version" requires a user to save a change.  When I questioned the user, the response I received was that all they did was reload the latest and that's what created the new version of the model.  

Can anyone tell me in a technical (but not super technical) what one needs to do in order to create a new "version" of a revit model that's being shared on Team/Document Management.

I'm well aware that we could upgrade to the Doc Management side to deal with user permissions, but we're so close completing the project I was trying to not do that.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sasha.crotty
in reply to: dtpeter2901

The versions seen in Manage Cloud Models reflect all changes made to the central cloud-hosted version of the model. Therefore these versions correspond directly to Sync with Central events. Other operations like Open and Reload Latest are read-only operations on the central model. 

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums