Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user access to A360 Projects

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dirk
313 Views, 2 Replies

user access to A360 Projects

Hi Everyone

I would like to know whether it would be a good idea to have office A360 accounts and login details that are availabe to the whole office?

So if a user is told by the boss to do some work on a A360 project, that they use one of the "standard" accounts to which licenses have been assigned, to login.

My thinking behind this is to free up licenses that the company has bought. eg. that you dont have a user assigned to a project, but they only need to access the project for 2hrs a day for their particular piece of work. After which the license can be freed up again for someone else who has a much larger work package.

Sort of like rotating licenses.

I am not sure how this would affect local files and what happens if two users have used the same account details to login into the same project and do work.

I'm not sure if I am making sense but any feedback or discussion would be great!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: dirk

@Dirk wrote:

Hi Everyone

I would like to know whether it would be a good idea to have office A360 accounts and login details that are availabe to the whole office?

So if a user is told by the boss to do some work on a A360 project, that they use one of the "standard" accounts to which licenses have been assigned, to login.

My thinking behind this is to free up licenses that the company has bought. eg. that you dont have a user assigned to a project, but they only need to access the project for 2hrs a day for their particular piece of work. After which the license can be freed up again for someone else who has a much larger work package.

Sort of like rotating licenses.

I am not sure how this would affect local files and what happens if two users have used the same account details to login into the same project and do work.

I'm not sure if I am making sense but any feedback or discussion would be great!

Thanks

Dirk,

Technically, what you are proposing is in conflict with Autodesk's Web Service Entitlement policies.  You are free to re-allocate the C4R entitlements between employee's Autodesk Identities within the Accounts portal.  I cannot comment on the performance or reliability impact of Cloud Worksharing workflows in conflict with our policies.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
dirk
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Hi Kyle

Yes , I know that and would not recommend it either. But now you guys are aware of it. I just thinkt it could be a risky move in any case regarding model stability.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report