Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 'Autodesk Revit 2016 (Pre-release)' to 'Autodesk Revit 2016'

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
john.higgins
380 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrade from 'Autodesk Revit 2016 (Pre-release)' to 'Autodesk Revit 2016'

Hi Guys

I was opening a central file and also auditing the file and I got a pop up window telling me my file was being upgraded from 'Autodesk Revit 2016 (Pre-release)' to 'Autodesk Revit 2016'. This only happens when auditing the model. Anyone know what the implications are of such an upgrade regarding linked files from other consultants.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jfhalaby
in reply to: john.higgins

Hi John,

Did you ever find out what was causing this message?  I am getting the same message except "From: Revit 2017 (Pre-release) To: Revit 2017" whenever I audit my model.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 3 of 4
john.higgins
in reply to: jfhalaby

Hi Jason,

This is the reply I received from Autodesk support:

Hi John,

That's right, that's exactly the message we have seen before. I asked the developer who worked on this case to give me an explanation that I could pass on to you and to other customers who may encounter this issue, and here's what he said:

"There is some orphaned data in the model for which Revit has created a container. As this data is not in Revit's data dictionary it will throw an upgrade dialog on Audit as Revit ensures the model will continue to operate correctly. This orphaned data will not be used during an interactive Revit session and should not have any negative effects on the model health."

I hope this will give you some peace of mind; please feel free to pass it on to anyone in your company who is concerned about it.

I created this article to document the issue for you and other customers, and just updated it with the explanation above; if you don't see those lines at first, please try again in an hour or so. It may take a little time for the updated article to make its way through our systems to the public.

Please let me know if that answers your questions; I'll wait to close the case until I hear from you about this. Thank you again, and I'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

This is a link they also sent me:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Hope this helps,

John

Message 4 of 4
jfhalaby
in reply to: john.higgins

Thanks John,

Interesting, glad to know I don't have to worry about it.

-Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report