Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jlambert
689 Views, 12 Replies

Updating

Ok when I publish new changes from revit. It will not show recent update to Bim 360 team. Am I doing something wrong? I published a new update 3 and 1/2 days ago and still no update still on V1 no V2.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dswilson
in reply to: jlambert

As a quick confirmation you are using Collaboration for Revit? You have executed a Synchronize with Central, then gone on to Manage Cloud Models to publish version 2 as per this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU3kSNWPYs0

The basic steps our outlined within the first 3.5 min or so.

The publishing has failed to complete? If you repeat the publish does it still fail?

Regards,

Dave

Message 3 of 13
jlambert
in reply to: dswilson

Well it never says failed to complete. You see in the manage cloud that it was updated but it never shows it updated in bim 360 team. Does this have anything to do with me doing a e transmit to get my model linked.

Update: My bad I tried it again and it did fail to complete why is this.

Message 4 of 13
dswilson

I can't say for sure why it failed. It's not likely the etransmit, but possibly something to do with the linked model and the cloud generation of the model view. There might be an indication in the journal file. You can find journal files here: 

• %LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\Journals (change the version to match the version of Revit you are using. The journal files are new each time you start Revit. If you can find the file from your session this am and search for the word error there might be something that gives a hint. Another option to confirm it's the linked model is to remove the link and try to publish again. This would confirm the basic model publishes correctly.

Regards,

Dave

Message 5 of 13
dswilson

I see you had a separate thread on file linking and hence you were trying etransmit to get the files to team as suggested by Bud.I think the workflow is a little different in Collaboration for Revit. I think this article discusses the issue: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles..., but I will confirm if the workflow has changed since that posting.

Regards,

Dave

Message 6 of 13
jlambert

So after reading that all my linked files except the main model that is revit based I should put in box, or dropbox what about A360

Message 7 of 13
KyleB_Autodesk

Are all your linked files DWG files, or are some RVT files?

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 13
KyleB_Autodesk

Shame on me for not reading your other thread before I responded, as that answered my previous question.

The answer to your question depends on what exactly you want to accomplish. If you simply want to have your model (and it's sheets) available on BIM 360, then the Dawgs on the Sheets should show up, since Revit technically caches the DWG data in the RVT file itself, and thus that information is available for translation in your cloud.

If you want the linked DWGs themselves available on BIM 360 Team for separate viewing and download, then you need to upload them to the site separate from the Publish operation in C4R.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13
jlambert
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Most of my files are dwg at least the main ones. What I want is to have it in team incase someone needs to help me on this project or something happens and I can't finish the project then someone else can. The main thing is we have guys in the field that need to view the changes I make or add as I go but when I publish it will not publish to even update.

Message 10 of 13
KyleB_Autodesk

"when I publish it will not publish to even update." -> it's not clear to me what you mean by this. Are you talking about updating the cloud worksharing RVT (and the Sheets it contains) via the Publish command in Revit?

If so, can you share a screen capture of what you are seeing that is incorrect?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 13
jlambert
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

When I publish using mange cloud it comes up and say was not able to publish.

Message 12 of 13
dswilson

Can you please look in the journal files I mentioned earlier in the thread to see if there are errors?

Thanks,

Dave

Message 13 of 13
jlambert

Ok so a co worker helped me figure out what to do and it works. We opened each individual cad file in revit and the saved  it as a revit file. Loaded all the linked files to Bim 360 team and then when loading them in to revit from Bim 360 team we synchronized. Once we did that we published and everything went smoothly after that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report