Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two people modelling existing and proposed at the same time

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stevie_kelly
401 Views, 3 Replies

Two people modelling existing and proposed at the same time

I have used Revit for 3 years now, but I've never used the collaboration worksets etc. I want to continue modelling the existing model while another team member starts to model the proposed work. The structure is more or less complete which is why he wants to proceed, but I still need to add a lot of detail to the existing model: windows, doors, ceilings, stud walls etc. Is it possible to do this, or not? If it's doable, how can I do it?QUB FRONT.jpg

2017-10-17 (1).png2017-10-17 (2).png2017-10-17 (3).png2017-10-17.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: stevie_kelly

Message 3 of 4
stevie_kelly
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN My issue is that I don't want the other team member deleting or moving the existing stuff. Is this something I can control? And once I have completely finished my end (existing survey model) can he become the owner? I've never used worksharing before, so I can't just turn it on and use it. It's quite a major project so I can't mess it up. Have you any advice for me? Or do you know where I can learn quickly how to use it correctly on such a big model?

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: stevie_kelly

You can create a workset and own it. Put any elements you don't want to be editable by others in the workset then only you can edit them. Unfortunately, if your coworker need to. For example, add a new window in an existing wall, he cannot do it because you prevent him to edit the existing wall. So I guess it is not really practical after all.

IMHO a Revit project should be accessible to all team members. Have a dialog with them to define and devise responsibilities clearly. All should be capable to understand the program and the workflow, for example, know the difference between demolition of a wall and deletion of a wall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report