Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Operation Could Not Be Completed. Please try again

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdenum
613 Views, 5 Replies

This Operation Could Not Be Completed. Please try again

Hi Everyone,

I tried opening our revit model on the cloud and I got this message" this operation could not be completed. Please try again". 

mdenum_0-1595603915085.png

I restarted my computer, re-opened revit and same message that I got. I asked a coworker to try opening the model and she has no problem opening the model.

I heard from another co-worker it also happened on another revit model that is on the cloud.

I need your help. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sasha.crotty
in reply to: mdenum

Hi,

this is likely a remnant of an issue with the service last night. Please clear you Internet Explorer cache (temporary internet files) and let me know if that resolves your issue. Yes, even if you don’t use IE as your browser.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17438/windows-internet-explorer-view-delete-browsing-histor...

If you are willing, it would be great if you can send us a ZIP of that cache before you clear it. This issue is still under investigation.

https://www.lifewire.com/find-and-view-temporary-internet-files-in-ie-818231

Thanks,

Sasha 

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Message 3 of 6
mdenum
in reply to: sasha.crotty

Hi Sasha,

Sorry I did not see 2nd paragraph of your reply right away. I already cleared my internet cache, restarted my computer but I still get the same message. Any other solution? Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
sasha.crotty

I've converted your post into a customer support case. We'll need to investigate further to help resolve. In the mean time, one other thing to try is to clear your collaboration cache.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...
Note, you'll want to clear links too because they could be triggering the issue rather than the main model.
Or you can brute force it and clear the whole cache (it will just take longer to open everything the first time).

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty

Message 5 of 6
mdenum
in reply to: sasha.crotty

We created a new central model and uploaded to the cloud but I still get the same message. It's frustrating that I spent more than 3 hours trying to solve this problem but no luck at all. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
sasha.crotty

Can you please double check/confirm that these folder locations have been cleared?

1. Launch Windows Run Prompt ( WIN +R).
2. Copy and paste the command : "%LocalAppData%/Microsoft\Windows\INetCache".
3. If the above folder exists, clear the contents of the folder and proceed to open the model from Revit.
4. If the path from step 2 doesn’t exist, copy and paste the command “%LocalAppData%/Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files”.
5. If the above folder exists, clear the contents of the folder and proceed to open the model from Revit.
Note: If access to temporary internet files is denied, follow the steps in this video:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260897/how-to-delete-the-contents-of-the-temporary-internet...

The challenge get we face here is that calls from your machine are never reaching the Revit Cloud Worksharing service, assuming the problem is similar to previous journals we’ve looked at. Something local to the machine is preventing calls from going out.

One more thing to try once you’ve confirmed that the folders above are empty. Try logging into your machine as a different user, assuming you have admin rights, and see if that allows you to access the model.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report