Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tekla IFC, pours into Revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
arild.hoydal
528 Views, 2 Replies

Tekla IFC, pours into Revit

Hi!

I'm trying to get a structural Tekla-file into Revit, where the concrete, reinforcement and steel is designed. When trying to import or link IFC I recieve from the Tekla-guy, everything is interpered as Generic Models. Basicly, this is OK, because I just want to concrete/steel filters on cut- and surface pattern and I can filter on parameters. The problem is that Tekla only export surfaces, so I cannot differantiate cut- from surface.

As I see it, there are three possibilities:

-The Tekla export. Different settings? I understand these are quite standard. I see some using a Revit extension in Tekla, and an add-in in Revit. The engineer is reluctant to using this solution. Doesn't expect any input on this possibility in this forum.

-Third party IFC managmant. Can I create solids from the surface using a 3rd party software? SimpleBIM, Inventor?

-Revit import. Different import-settings? Dynamo script? I've checked with a Dynamo-able colleague, which didn't have any immediate solution...

Do anyone have any similar experience? Have tried searching the forums without any luck.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DEVR3856
in reply to: arild.hoydal

You can export the Tekla Model to AutoCAD, then use "Polyhedral Mesh to Solid" (In the Autodesk Apps store) to convert the Tekla model to 3D Solids in AutoCAD. Then import the solids into Revit.

Message 3 of 3
arild.hoydal
in reply to: DEVR3856

Sounds like a possible solution, but do you get the IFC-paramteres along with it? Would prefer to be able to create filters based on material.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report