Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team member invite mode

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mark.Elizondo
268 Views, 4 Replies

Team member invite mode

Team member invite Mode seems to not be working correctly.

The Hub setting is "No Admin Approval Required" but project members are still being prompted for admin approval to add someone to the project.

Even tried whitelisting domains. this also did not work.

Any suggestions?

I would rather not make every project member an admin.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@Mark.Elizondo

Whitelisting won't have any affect on the invite mode. Would you be able to provide us with a screenshot of what the users are actually seeing when attempting to login to the Team's URL? They should still be prompted to add themselves to the project. With "No Approval Required" the user signs up (looks similar to the admin request page) and then gains access to the hub. 

See:  Set Team Member Invite Mode

Alternatively, you can simply invite the users yourself. Also, you said, "I would rather not make every project member an admin." - They don't have to be admins. 

-Scott 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 5

@Mark.Elizondo

I haven't heard back from you on this thread, I wanted to see if you needed any further assistance with this issue, or if the users are still having trouble, if you could add some screenshots here of what the users are seeing. 

If my previous reply helped to resolve this issue, please mark with 'Accept as Solution' to help improve findability for other community users. 

Thank you, 

-Scott 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 4 of 5

I think i may have figured out what may be going on.

It wasn't the "Team" invite mode (to the hub).

It was the project invites.

If someone within the project wanted to invite another member, it had to have an admin approval.

(Which was creating a problem since we work all times of the day, a project member working at midnight and wanted to add a member would have to wait until an Admin was online to accept.)

The projects are all "Closed"

I "Opened" a project and now anyone can add a project member without Project Admin approval.

If there's another way of doing this please let me know.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5

@Mark.Elizondo

Yes - you have either "Closed", "Secret", or "Open" projects - with Open projects, any Team hub member can add themselves, with a Closed project, the projects are visible but the members must request access from an admin OR they can be invited. With Secret projects, access is by invite only. See:

Project Types

Please let me know if that helps  - you can select Open projects (if this is a high trust environment) and simply have the Hub members add themselves. 

-Scott 

Public Facing Job Title

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report