Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to IFC with custom PSet for IfcOpeningElement not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
projet.gio-union
1672 Views, 2 Replies

Revit to IFC with custom PSet for IfcOpeningElement not working

Hi Forum,

On one project we have been asked to export all our parameters to s custom property set.

For the solid elements i do not have any problems doing so but the Openings are quite tricky...

First let me explain the Opening Family:

We have a special an Opening Family for Wall Openings in the category generic Model. It is a wall hosted family with a Void extrusion that cuts the wall. 2 Detail Families ( one for floor plan and one for elevation) are nested inside and there are visibility parameters that control the visibilty of the Detail Items. Actually there is an additional 3D Line inside the opening whose lentgh can be set with another parameter so the family gets cut by the cut plane of the view range. We do control this with a dynamo script that copies the Parameters "Elevartion" Value into a Shared Parameter in the Family so the modeler can decide if he/she wants to see the Detail Item or not and to be able to add a tag with WxH and Elevation in Floorplans or Elevation and section views.

then let me explain the IFC Export

our IFC Mapping table is configured and set up to our needs

the category generic model has a shared parameter "IfcExportAs" to override the category if needed. This parameter is Type or instance based depending on the needs.

the opening family has a type based parameter and is set to "IfcOpeningElement" wich is performed correctly by Revit.

Custom propertysets:

In the IFC Exporting dialog i add a text file that tells Revit what propertysets to include in the IFC:

e.g.:

PropertySet:    CustomPset_1    I    IfcBeam,IfcColumn,IfcFooting,IfcSlab,IfcStair,IfcWall,IfcRamp
SA_Name                            Text                  Family
SA_LoadBearing                    Boolean            SA_IsStructural_INST_SP
SA_Material                         Text                  SA_ConcreteCompressionStrength_INST_SP

This technique works really great and its quite easy to adapt the input file for new projects.

Now the actual question.

The Openings ( IfcOpeningElement - IFC3x2 Coordination View 2.0) shall have a Uniformat 2 classification code, e.g. Wall Opening = B201090; SlabOpening = B101090

So i add this for a PSet creation:

PropertySet:    CustomPSet_2    I    IfcOpeningElement,IfcBuildingElementProxy
SA_Uniformat_II                    Text            SA_Classific_Uniformat_001_INST_SP

"CustomPSet_" is the name of the custom property set and it shall be added to IfcOpeningElement and IfcBuildingElementProxy ( for test)

"SA_Uniformat_II" is the name of the property inside the PSet

it is a "Text" Parameter in Revit

and it's name in Revit is "SA_Classific_Uniformat_001_INST_SP"

for all our elements it is working, except the Opening Elements. They do not get the value they have in Revit, but they get the value of the host that they are cutting.

e.g.

the Door opening in Revit has no parameter for "A_Classific_Uniformat_001_INST_SP"

the window Opening has the value :"B201090"

and yet, both have the value "class" in the IFC in the "CustomPSet2" which is the value of the Walls.

I attached my resulting IFC and the Revit File  and  the Custm propety sets so you could reproduce the issue.

If anybody could help with this would be really great. If you have questions about the workflow please ask, i would gladly help. I know it can be quite frustrating, but once it is set up it works great.

have a nice day.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I could not edit the post....

The Openings ( IfcOpeningElement - IFC3x2 Coordination View 2.0) shall have a Uniformat 2 classification code, e.g. Wall Opening = B201090;

I meant: IFC 2x3 obviously...

Message 3 of 3
jojo
in reply to: projet.gio-union

I have the same problem, @projet.gio-union, did you find a solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report