Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to AutoCAD export problem.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
494 Views, 1 Reply

Revit to AutoCAD export problem.

Hi all,

Currently when I export Revit MEP file to Autocad, the duct fittings position seems to be changed. Its like someone has moved that object out of the place in autocad. Is there anything as such as co-ordinates which has got changed while exporting & that being the result of changed position of objects?

Please help me out.....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rudi.roux
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

There are a couple of things which you could try, this also resolves the issue when exporting from Revit to AutoCAD where some elements exported are missing. 

• The first thing which you can try is to set your Visual Style in Revit to Hidden Lines before exporting to AutoCAD. Also, refer to THIS POST.
  • Next, you could add any line style/pattern to ducts and fittings by means of creating a filter with defined rules to include ducts & fittings and mechanical equipment. 
  • After doing one of the above-mentioned methods OR even both to make sure that everything exports correctly, export to DWG and then once you open the DWG file, just use the REGENALL command. 

This should resolve your issue. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report