Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server linked document not found when linking

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rayray4105
1497 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Server linked document not found when linking

Hi,

We have just starting with the use of Revit Server. After a few small issues Revit Server seems to be working fine and we can use worksharing, syncing, etc.

However when we try to link a shared model from the server it fails. When we add a linked file from the server, we can browse the server, select the model we want to add and then click open. Revits starts loading and then prompts the file can not be found and the link is unloaded. On occasions it sometimes seems to load but after reopening the main model the linked file is unloaded and reloading then gives the same problem (file not found). 

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Can you post (attach) a journal from a session when this occurred?  If you can reproduce the issue then just send the most recent journal and log files.

From the users machine 

Revit Journal Files location

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 201#\Journals

From the Revit Server

Revit Server Logs
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Server 2014\Logs
• AdminService.log
• Autosynclog.log
• ModelService.log
• LocalService.log

Message 3 of 5

You can find the most recent logs and journal in the attachment. Hope you can help me ...

Message 4 of 5

I see all sorts of errors in here...and it looks like you installed projects and I presume cache on the D drive....I would definitely go back and verify permissions on everything and make sure that all of the services are installed and running.

I see different errors for different things and different models...did you try creating a new test file for linking?

I also highly recommend that you update to the most current build of Revit and then replace the central files on the Revit Server.  Make sure that all users delete or archive their current local files and their associated backup folders before they pull a new local file.

I see the following errors...perhaps Autodesk can jump in and offer some advice =).  I feel like someone needs to actually take a look at the server.

Journal errors

' 8:< System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Autodesk.RevitServer.Enterprise.Common.ClientServer.DataContract.System.ServiceFault]: Kan geen toegang krijgen tot het bestand D:\Groups\RevitServer\2016\Projects\_Test Project\Project_link.rvt\Permissions\ElementPermissions_down_rdjr.dat omdat het wordt gebruikt door een ander proces.
' 0.239244======== 7:<<DocumentStorageIndexImpl::loadPermissionsFiles-Reading entire permission file from server
' 0.328692======= 6:<<DSI::loadPermissionsFiles/ALL_GAPS 0.089448/Threshold_GAPs 99%
'C 02-Dec-2016 10:15:05.228; 5:< WCF Generic Fault Exception. The services could not be in a good state. Please contact technical support.

' 5:< 2 ModelServerState "Created": Current server = "192.168.0.16:<Not Determined>", Model server = "192.168.0.16", Model server state = "Internal Error"

Model Service log

2016-12-02 10:15:05,153 INFO TID(1738) LOGGER(ServerLogger) MSG(Comment: Download element permissions temporary file: D:\Groups\RevitServer\2016\Projects\_Test Project\Project_link.rvt\Permissions\ElementPermissions_down_rdjr.dat)
2016-12-02 10:15:05,197 ERROR TID(1738) LOGGER(ServerLogger) MSG(Exception: (FaultException`1, Kan geen toegang krijgen tot het bestand D:\Groups\RevitServer\2016\Projects\_Test Project\Project_link.rvt\Permissions\ElementPermissions_down_rdjr.dat omdat het wordt gebruikt door een ander proces.) StackTrace: [ bij Autodesk.Social.Core.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation)][ bij Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()][ bij Autodesk.RevitServer.Enterprise.Common.ClientServer.Helper.Logging.MethodLoggingInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation)])

Admin Service log

2016-12-01 12:32:31,799 ERROR TID(436) LOGGER(ServerLogger) MSG(Exception: (InvalidCharactersException, Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type Autodesk.RevitServer.Enterprise.Admin.Service.InvalidCharactersException.) StackTrace: [ bij Autodesk.RevitServer.Enterprise.Admin.Service.AdminServiceImplementation.Rename(ServiceSessionToken sessionToken, String executingServerName_NULL, String relativePath, String oldName, String newName, AdminFault& adminFault)])
2016-12-01 12:32:58,899 INFO TID(433) LOGGER(ServerLogger) MSG(Comment: Dumped directory: D:\Groups\RevitServer\2016\Projects\1682 - Prefunko projecten\New Folder and its contents.)

Message 5 of 5

Seeing the errors (mainly: access denied because the file is in use) got me thinking. From what I see I think the replication service of Windows 2012 server is the culprit in this case. It locks the files for copy and therefore Revit can not access them.

I have reinstalled both cache and projects on a different drive (and also tried an external location) and I do not see any errors or problems then. The original problem (not being able to link a revit server document in a revit server document) does not seem to occur now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report