Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server error opening models with Revit Accelerator, Hostname IP change

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
miguel.alanis
879 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Server error opening models with Revit Accelerator, Hostname IP change

Currently, I have a Revit Server Connection via a VPN, having two Windows Servers connected.
The Revit Server Host Network has 8 working local users with no problems, each one has a modified version of the hosts file, I added a hostname direction to my Local Server.
10.0.03 HPSERVER
On each RSN.INI file, they connect via HOSTNAME.
The point to this is to have the same path for links on the Revit Projects. Each link is Loaded from RSN://HPSERVER/PATH on the Local Network and my Remote Network.

Now my VPN Network is defined as 5 computers;
Revit Server Host (HPSERVER)
Revit Server Accelerator
3 Users

The users had a similar configuration on the hosts file
25.59.41.44 HPSERVER
AND RNS.INI
HPSERVER

It was working fine until a connection problem appears on the VPN, the final solution required to change the Revit Server Host VPN IP, I thought I only needed to update their hosts files, pointing to the new address.
Lets say
25.59.41.45 HPSERVER
The local files can be accessed with no loaded links, when a link is loaded from and the accelerator is connected, the loading process fails, sending a network connection.
I removed the environment variable of the Revit Accelerator and works, fine. But I need the Accelerator because the connection is not optimal.

I try deleting the Revit Server Accelarator Cache, I was wondering if there is some other place to reset, so the Accelerator knows that the Server Adress change, or maybe on the user computer.

The Revit Server Accelerator computer has been rebooted.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I forgot to change the hosts file of the Revit Server Accelerator, On the log I was receiving an exception that prints the old host.

Changing the hosts file fixed the problema.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report