Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit or Revit LT for PDMS files!!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
j.fernandesHTUCV
3121 Views, 5 Replies

Revit or Revit LT for PDMS files!!

Hello All,

I'm going to start a new job where the Client uses PDMS file (AVIVA E3D)

My questions are:

Is Revit LT able to work with this type of file (PDMS)?

For Security equipment (CCTV cameras, Access Control, Fences, Gates, bollards, etc.) do you advise me to use Revit or Revit LT?

Thank you ll in advance,

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @j.fernandesHTUCV,

You will be always able to inset file from PDMS, but you will not be able to modify those files in Revit, so in the end you will only use them as a reference. You can also use both in Navisworks to run clash detection.

About the question between Revit and Revit LT, I would say that if you are thinks on doing just isolated elements like cameras, fences or boxes Revit LT should be enough for you, but if you need to start creating electric systems or any MEP systems, I would suggest you to use Revit.

If this helped solve your problem please mark it as solution, so other users can get this solutions as well.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com

If this helped solve your problem please mark it as solution, so other users can get this solutions as well.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: j.fernandesHTUCV

Hi

PDMS, or E3D as the never version is called, is not a file based system. PDMS uses a database to store all its data so it is not possible to just reference the PDMS model into Revit. It is possible to get the PDMS model into Revit though, by using third party programs. See attached link.

If you are going to make your delivery in PDMS the finished Revit model must be imported into PDMS. I think E3D has an IFC import function. There are also third party programs that can do this job. See attached link.

Check out this presentation from Autodesk University about workflow between Revit and PDMS.

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2015/autocad-plant-3d/aec11420

Message 4 of 6
novesvalentin
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for clarifying @Anonymous, that was I meant when I said that you can do it, by using a IFC or a workaround in a different format.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com
Message 5 of 6
chris.downing
in reply to: Anonymous

This presentation file link does not work, please can you send a new link? Many thanks.

ACADE & PLANT3D Applications Engineer
CAD Training

Standard and bespoke PLANT3D Training and ACAD Training and ACAD ELEC Training

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: chris.downing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report