Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Layers - Export to Bluebeam

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sunny_the_watts
4218 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Layers - Export to Bluebeam

When you export a drawing from AutoCAD the layers are available in the Bluebeam application, you can then turn them off or on in the PDF when working in bluebeam. 

I'm wondering if there is a hidden setting somewhere that allows the layers that would normally be created when Revit is exported as a DWG document, into the bluebeam document to allow for greater control when working with a Native Revit document in Bluebeam. 

I've been looking for a direct way to do this, and I'm at a complete loss. I realize that I could export as a DWG and then create a PDF out of AutoCAD, but it seems to me there must be an easier way. 

Thanks! 

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dzanta
in reply to: sunny_the_watts

Bluebeam will export the Revit object as layers in AutoCAD for those objects created.  If there are layers in the export dialog box that you want bluebeam to see and use within the PDF file, you can create objects that are associated with those layers first.  Bluebeam should see all of the revit objects, translate all of them to layers (all layers) and then be accessible via PDF inside Bluebeam.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

Sorry, but I must be missing something.

I'm assuming we are not talking about an export from revit to cad to pdf workaround.

I'm not seeing any layer information in the Buebeam Export dialogue or in the print dialogue.

Thanks 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

did you ever get anywhere with this ?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

seems like there should be a way to translate worksets to blue beam layers
Message 6 of 7

Not really. I know it can be done from AutoCAD. But I can't find a solution for Revit.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Nope, pretty much what sunny said. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report