Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit crashes after starting/opening C4R model. Problem is hub related

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
742 Views, 4 Replies

Revit crashes after starting/opening C4R model. Problem is hub related

We just started using C4R for a project on a new hub. But every time a Revit model is shared to the hub in BIM 360 Team with C4R, we get a fatal error. It doesn't matter which Revit project or BIM 360 Team project, but it seems that it only occurs in this specific hub. I've tried to share it on other hubs but there it worked fine.

The models do appear on BIM 360 Team but with an error in the image and shows that there is a problem when you open the viewer. We can open the model through Revit with C4R, but it'll crash after moving or switching the view.

Can someone p.m. me to look at it to fix the problem? I've already messaged BIM 360 Team Support but they said I should post it here.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you post a Revit journal-file here (or pm me one) showing the crash, it will help diagnose the issue.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: lars-ake.johansson

Hello Lars,

Thanks for the response. I PMed you all yesterdays Journals I tested with C4R. There is also an Autodesk Support Case created last saturday.

I think there is a bug in the license checking while sharing and opening the model. We got someone else with a similar thing I PMed you. And in our case I think the license of our client is wrongly connected to their hub somehow combined with this bug.

Message 4 of 5
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Benno,

Based on the error in the journal before the crash - "Illegal characters in path." - my guess is that your A360 project contains some invalid characters. Looks like you might have a "|"-character in the projectname.

Please rename your project and remove this character from the project name.

Files that was uploaded with the invalid file might not work even after you rename the project and you might have to delete them from the "Manage Cloud Models"-dialog and reupload them.

This is a known issue and we are working on a solution to it.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: lars-ake.johansson

Thanks but there are no characters in the title or other sheets/views besides spaces, '-' and '_'. Maybe that error is part of a linked IFC file? But it does work in our own hub, but not in the one from the contractor.

I also met someone a few days ago who confirmed to me he could use C4R w/o license, but the model crashes after opening it again in Revit the same way in this project. It looks like there is a bug in the licensing checking at the collaboration activation. And in the case of our contractor that their C4R license is wrongly connected to their hub/account. It was assigned to the end users account instead of the usual contract manager. I added details in Case 12859566.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report