Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) Operations Unavailable - May 14, 2018

101 REPLIES 101
SOLVED
Message 1 of 102
Kevin.Short
8526 Views, 101 Replies

Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) Operations Unavailable - May 14, 2018

The Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) service is currently unavailable. We are aware of the problem and are working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will post updates as we know more.

Kevin Short
Senior Product Owner
101 REPLIES 101
Message 41 of 102
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sucess....

Progress at last.

Message 42 of 102
Anonymous
in reply to: jjackson

@jjacksonwrote:

Thumb head knows what he is on about.

@Anonymouswrote:

I agree !!!

JJackson... I agreed with LNichols although he's been on holiday so downtime wouldn;t make any difference to him.

Ps Thumb head ?? 

Message 43 of 102
Anonymous
in reply to: Kevin.Short

I am in and running on the east coast.

Message 44 of 102
MPA-Account-01

@Anonymouswrote: 

i never did understand why the cloud is designed in a way that you are unable to work offline, surely the software should be configured in a way that you arte able to work offline on your local model, then only upload to the cloud when you are ready to send your changes to the cloud model.

Hello,

The Autodesk Desktop Connector allows users to work on cloud models without connecting to cloud. This may meet you need.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/CONNECT/ENU/?guid=GUID-62ADC66F-9FD2-43CB-B8CD-ED146CBDD24B

Message 45 of 102
Kevin.Short

Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) is now in recovery mode. We're closely monitoring traffic and service performance as we recover. If we see consistent behavior we'll be able to track the progress and either issue an ETA for fully operational status or go directly to "green" status if that is appropriate.

Kevin Short
Senior Product Owner
Message 46 of 102
Anonymous

Working in Atl

Message 47 of 102
alzkozub

7:40am up and running on the east coast - 

Message 48 of 102
Anonymous

@Kevin.Short

Thanks for the update and  being the designated punching bag for today.

Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 102
neilltupman

Up and running in the UK again.

Lost a morning's work however, I don't think this is an acceptable level of service considering what my company pay ADSK for our EBA.

Thanks for sticking your head above the parapet Kevin, at least someone from ADSK was here to take the hits!

Message 50 of 102
Anonymous

Are we able to work safely in Revit until such time as the software becomes fully operational again?
Is there any risk in working until that time?

V

Message 51 of 102
stribecktikab

Good! Thanks for responding on the forum Kevin. Much appreciated! 

Message 52 of 102
Anonymous

@Anonymouswrote:

Are we able to work safely in Revit until such time as the software becomes fully operational again?
Is there any risk in working until that time?

V

I would suspect that between your local file and C4R duplication/Backup you should be ok.

Message 53 of 102
Anonymous

London is Running.

You can relax Kevin- For now

Message 54 of 102
Kevin.Short

Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) is currently working as expected.

We understand that any outage/degradation has a profound impact on our users. An incident investigation process has already begun in which we will determine the exact cause of this particular incident, and enact corresponding remediation efforts for any related code, operational process, hardware, etc.

Your concerns expressed via this form have not been forgotten; I will make sure the appropriate Autodesk personnel are informed.

Thank you all so much for your patience!

Kevin Short
Senior Product Owner
Message 55 of 102

Thank you Kevin. Please keep us updated on any technical information your further investigations lead to. It is important to show transparency and possibly the cause of this major outage. 
This has been said here before, but we are evangelists for this new cloud-based technology; both to our clients as well as within our own company. Please don't make us look like idiots by promoting a service that doesn't work!

Message 56 of 102
RachelAndrews

Hi Kevin

We are up and running in South Africa again.

Thanks for the updates.

We have lost a whole morning of work.

Please keep us posted with regards to my initial email regarding compensation by Autodesk.

Kind Regards

R

@Kevin.Shortwrote:

Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) is currently working as expected.

We understand that any outage/degradation has a profound impact on our users. An incident investigation process has already begun in which we will determine the exact cause of this particular incident, and enact corresponding remediation efforts for any related code, operational process, hardware, etc.

Your concerns expressed via this form have not been forgotten; I will make sure the appropriate Autodesk personnel are informed.

Thank you all so much for your patience!

Message 57 of 102
Anonymous
in reply to: MPA-Account-01

thank you for the link i will explore this addon

this should be a fundamental part of the cloud service and should be highlighted as part of the collaboration software, completely unkown to most users. 

Message 58 of 102
Anonymous

Email mid-night pacific that it's down. No further Emails. Yet the health dashboard shows everything working fine. 

Even the notification/status process @ Autodesk is broke.   Not sure I'm comfortable relying on such a hap hazard approach to management of my data. 

Hey Autodesk! Get your act together. Netflix figured this out years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Monkey

Message 59 of 102

Not the news I want to be reading when i'm in the process of justifying this expenditure for our company.

Message 60 of 102

I agree...
S*^t Happens, especially with any and All Internet Related or Relied on Services......But Not Having Plan B is the Killer.....It's What Needs to Be addressed above all else. js.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report