Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) Operations Unavailable - May 14, 2018

101 REPLIES 101
SOLVED
Message 1 of 102
Kevin.Short
8528 Views, 101 Replies

Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) Operations Unavailable - May 14, 2018

The Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) service is currently unavailable. We are aware of the problem and are working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will post updates as we know more.

Kevin Short
Senior Product Owner
101 REPLIES 101
Message 21 of 102
naresh.kumar2
in reply to: halsf

Actually this is 3 rd time, earlier it was happened in 2016 during Nov or Dec on Sunday ( can remember the exact date) but it was last for 24 hours.

Message 22 of 102
Kevin.Short
in reply to: Anonymous

I can attest to the fact that someone from Autodesk is indeed reading this. I'm not in a position to address your specific compensation-related questions, but I can assure you that your concerns are being forwarded to the appropriate personnel. 

Kevin Short
Senior Product Owner
Message 23 of 102
Anonymous
in reply to: Kevin.Short

This is not fun to experience.  Two downtimes within a space of 2 months. I managed to convince my team that this is the future and just when they are about getting the sense of it Autodesk keeps throwing the spanner.

Can we at least have the system such that we can work offline in the future?

Message 24 of 102
Anonymous

Literally 5mins prior to this happening we had committed to issuing drawings.......grrrrr.. Glad Ill be up tonight and then first thing tomorrow at work hoping these get issued.

Seems like a long time to still be down

Message 25 of 102

I work crazy hours to get the job done...  I expect the Autodesk services that I rely on to be available when I need them, even @ 4am!

Message 26 of 102
Anonymous

There's even another deeper issue with this.

If by chance you manage to extract a local file which is stored somewhere on the hard drive and work locally, once the server gets back online and files are transferred back to the cloud and subsequently pushed to 360, it truncates the trail of records because it's treated as a new model. Previous comments and markups from stakeholders gets truncated.

This is messed up

Message 27 of 102
Anonymous

If you purchase an item from anywhere and it turns out to be faulty, you go and get a refund. There should be no difference with an Autodesk product.

The only difference being in this situation is you not only have a faulty item, but you are also losing considerable amounts of money by not being able to work and hit deadlines.

Message 28 of 102
info

Hello Kevin,

C4R and BIM Design are down. 

This downtime experienced has a knock on effect onto our productivity in the offices.

Will we be compensated accordingly for the loss as a result of the unplanned downtime by Autodesk?

Greetings,

Julius Wagenaar

WPR

Message 29 of 102
audi.capellan

Some people have already suggested earlier that Autodesk should look at solutions to allow users to still work off-line when Revit Cloud service is down. I still don't see Autodesk being interested to support this idea. I hope Autodesk does not expect us to invest on another solution to cover their not so reliable service.

@Kevin.Shortwrote:

The Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) service is currently unavailable. We are aware of the problem and are working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will post updates as we know more.

Message 30 of 102
Anonymous

Hi kevin,  

It's 6:31pm in Hong Kong and our cross company team is stopped working for 4.5 hrs!!!

We are experiencing hard time in the Revit Cloud Worksharing (C4R) Operations Unavailable matters, while we have no choice but infoming client about the delay of submission today & tommorrom.   

Please indicate the expected time for repair, we need to inform our client on our progress. 

Regards, 

Tan

Message 31 of 102
Anonymous
in reply to: sandip.more

Quick to ask to be paid,

less to inform about the problems,

not received in the management of the error codes.

please ADSK, could you invest some amount. like an happy meal menu, to generate a usable error report?

Message 32 of 102
Anonymous

I agree !!!

Message 33 of 102
Anonymous

It is stated on their system health page that they cannot estimate a time as yet, unfortunately.

@Anonymouswrote:

Do you have an approximately time estimate how long it will take to solve this issue?

Message 34 of 102

yea, than it would be far too easy to leave and not pay for this sub par product that "suits" make developers release far too quickly, and instead of giving them time to improve the reliability, have them constantly adding more shiny little trinkets to it that sales people can talk about all day long. Annoying everyone involved.

I understand there will be issues, but it's been, what, 6 hours now. How about an update at least. from someone who knows what is going on. by now you should at least know the scale of the problem and be able to give us an idea of how long we have. That way we can work on anything outside of Revit we may have to do. 

Message 35 of 102
jjackson

Thumb head knows what he is on about.

@Anonymouswrote:

I agree !!!

Message 36 of 102
kem
Participant
in reply to: jjackson

That's mines opened up.....

Message 37 of 102
GertjanvandenbroekVKAE

I'm sure everybody at ADSK is doing their best to solve the issue. But I do concur with other users earlier in this thread. 

To me the problem is not the downtime. Any online service has (small) spans of downtime. Especially a "new" system that is still being expanded. I reckon aiming at a +99% uptime is usually the goal here.

The problem is that there is no plan-b , if there were a way to get our latest models off of the cloud during said downtime we could at least continue using local worksharing methods. Ofcourse this would need some more old-fashioned collaboration between personel/disciplines/companies, but at the very least things CAN be done.

Is this not an option worth exploring ADSK? Even if in the future this service would have no downtime it'd be in the best interest of the client (us) to be able to reach our working model at any time.

Message 38 of 102
Anonymous

We have just came back online.

4 hour downtime!!!

not good enough!!

Message 39 of 102
Anonymous
in reply to: naresh.kumar2

We seem to be seing some progress. Have had sync successes and I am busy monitoring a new model initiating to C4R.... Hold thumbs.

Message 40 of 102
mmaloneyVHABU

us too in florida...just came back online tho He3alth Site shows still down

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report