Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Cannot Create a Local File From A360

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
heaarchmoreland
641 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Cannot Create a Local File From A360

We have a new laptop with Revit 2016 and C4R v3 installed on it, on a docking station connected to our network.  When we go to the A360 icon to open our file, it runs for 10-15 minutes and then times out with the following message pop-ups:

Message1.png

Message2.png

As far as I can tell it is installed the same as it is on our other computers which have been working fine...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Looks like there's an issue with the local copy of one of the C4R-hosted models.  Can you send a Revit Journal for a session of Revit that experiences this error?  That should help us identify the root cause.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5

Here is the journal file.

Another clue is that the user tried to log in to a different machine (that they had not used before, and it was my machine so I know that Revit/C4R/A360 all work fine), it again goes slowely to make that first local file and then they get the same error messages.  Seems to be something to do with their profile?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5

So I just took a look at this journal along with one of our technical leads, and here's where we'd like to go:

• The machine from that journal is running an earlier update of Revit 2016.  We know of a issue in that code, which has since been fixed, that may cause behavior like you're seeing.  Because of that, we'd recommend that you update to the latest Revit 2016 + C4R code to see if the problem still occurs.
  • If the issue persists, we'd need to try and reproduce the behavior on our end via support request.  Since the problem exists across multiple machines, efforts to delete locally cached data likely won't fix anything.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5

Kyle,

The update fixed it.  We updated all of our other computers to R2 a few weeks back and this new machine was not current (and coincidentally my machine which we tested and also failed was also not updated to R2).

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report