Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit C4R Manage models tool missing & 3D Not Updating

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
mitko.pavlov
4279 Views, 13 Replies

Revit C4R Manage models tool missing & 3D Not Updating

Hello,

Sorry if my question is obvious but I've been trying to figure it out for a while and still no success.

From what I understood I can have the central file on the cloud, me and other companies involved on the projects can work simultaneously and the designers who doesn't use Revit can use the app for iPad to see real time models of what we are working on. The problem I am experiencing is that I have it all setup but for a test I try to delete a door or a table from the Revit model, sync to the cloud and then refresh the app but the changes are still not in the 3D model on the iPad. How can I achieve that?

Another issue I am experiencing if that I don't have in Revit the Manage Models tools which is quite a concert. I was reading some articles later on and I suppose I have to export my own views at certain stages so it's up to date? 

I'm sorry if my questions are absolutely pointless but I've been reading all morning and can't really get the workflow I was aiming for. 

Thank you very much.

Regards 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
dswilson
in reply to: mitko.pavlov

Hi Mitko,

for first time users this workflow may not be clear. Collaboration for Revit tracks changes to the central model every time you synchronize with central. However designers may not want every change reflected on the cloud. This also gives you control over when your design is ready to share. As a result you need to open Mange Cloud Models from the Collaborate ribbon, navigate to your model within the project and publish the latest version to the cloud.

More details can be found here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-AE6DBCDF-3DB1-41CB-9DC5-B0C336E6C851

Regards,

Dave

Message 3 of 14
mitko.pavlov
in reply to: dswilson

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. I've eventually read more and understood the basics. Still cant figure out how to get the Manage Models Tool into the Collaborate ribbon. I've read articles about deleting the user files but still the same problem, re-installed C4R and A360 again, checked my Revit version and its compatible with the C4R version.

I am still using the trial version of C4R is it possible that it is available only for the full version?

Will appreciate if you have any suggestions.

Thank you

Message 4 of 14
kadmonkee

which version of Revit are you trying to use for C4R

it only applies to 2015 and up I believe.

it wont work in earlier versions. 

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 5 of 14
mitko.pavlov
in reply to: kadmonkee

Hello,

I've read a lot about it since. Tried all suggestions and it is still not showing up. At the same time collaboration is successful, I just cant manage the files through revit.

Thank you

Message 6 of 14

when you Sync, this doesn't update the actual model in the project on the Hub i.e. you will see that the version doesn't update. this is because you don't want the model changing every time a user synchronises during a working day. 

From inside of Revit you go to the Collaborate tab and then Mange Cloud models. You then need to promote you model and this will generate a new version, which will then be see and can be access by others linking your model in etc.

Message 7 of 14

Hello,

Yes, as I said I've done quite a lot of reading on the topic since I've posted for first time but my collaboration tab is missing the Manage Models tool. That's what I cant fix for a while already.

Message 8 of 14
dswilson

I'm less familiar with the earlier version of Revit, but I suspect there is some file version conflict preventing the button from appearing.

Can you start Revit, navigate to the Collaboration ribbon and exit Revit. After doing this please look for the latest journal file and search for error or fail and we might be able identify a problem. If it's not obvious you may have to share the file for someone to review. That might at least indicate something is failing to load.

The following article explains how to find your journal files: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/...

Regards,

Dave

Message 9 of 14

Hi Mitko, 

Have you tried resetting the Revit UI by deleting the UIState.dat file?

Rename the UIState.dat file located in the following folder to UIState.old:

%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit {Product Name}\ENU

Regards

Justin

Message 10 of 14

Hi Justin,

Thank you for you reply.

I've found this somewhere on the forums last week and tried it but no results. I did it again yesterday but unfortunately my Manage Models tool is still missing.

Today a member of staff asked me to create a new central file for them and I simply cant do it because I cant delete the old one on the server. The only way to access this is through Revit and the tool is missing there.

I have our IT support looking into this also but nothing yet.

Mitko

Message 11 of 14

Hi Mitko,

What version of Revit are you on?

Message 12 of 14
kadmonkee

is it working in other version - 2016, 2017?

if so would it be possible to upgrade the model to a version where it is working 

or are you under contract to use 2015?

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 13 of 14

Hi Mitko,

Revit 2015 is not supported on Windows 10 and so this could be the root cause and finding out is going to be tricky.

Options I would take are:

Try a clean un-install and then re-install of Revit: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

if this doesn't work, then see if there are any machines in the practice which have Windows 8 or 7 on. Then try Revit 2015 with C4R from there.

Last resort is going to be to upgrade the model to 2016, 17 or 18 - but that requires buy-in from all parties

Kind regards

Justin

Message 14 of 14

Thanks for that Justin. I will let you know if any of the suggested helps.

Regards

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report