Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit C4R 2015 Connectivity 3/29/2016

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
nmysorewala
1182 Views, 25 Replies

Revit C4R 2015 Connectivity 3/29/2016

Just wondering if someone else is not being able to access, or have spotty acces to C4R using Revit 2015. Our whole team is down on the project. I tried creating new projects on the service and it is failing as well. There are people in NY as well that cannot sync. Not sure if it is a project issue or not.

I created a tech support case but their turn around time is pathetic for urgencies like these.

Your Case has been successfully submitted.

Case ID: 11649331.

' 5:< ::348:: Delta VM: Avail -94 -> 8378157 MB, Used +96 -> 5751 MB, Peak +85 -> 5751 MB; RAM: Avail -166 -> 5711 MB, Used +281 -> 1223 MB
'  2.163746        6:<<<ElementSender::updateETforSave
' 6:< updateDITforSave increment 5300C has 15620 (+0) episodes
'  0.704676         7:<<<Storing Content Documents
'  0.482221         7:<<<Storing ElemTable  [#elts=420264, #graveyard=405452]
' 0:< >> NOCACHES3 >> WriteServerModelDataTask::writeAllAvailableFiles
' 0:< Operation - WriteData - ModelResourceId(type=IncrementTable, number=0): ModelSessionToken: User's Name mrioux@gbbn.com, User's Machine Name RIOUXW541, Operation GUID 1aeb7a47-07ab-463a-a689-716d246b3dfc, Central server = "model15.skyscraper.autodesk.com", Path = "CLD:\\{6f0e7045-bada-4e07-bc53-5be8f3692e07}CUT - Cincinnati Union Terminal\{04fcba87-10a7-4289-ae26-c446f6c90b5f}CUT_ARCH_13513_R15.rvt", 
' 0:<  1 ModelServerState "serverBasedOperationIsAllowed": Current server = ":Not Queried", Model server = "model15.skyscraper.autodesk.com", Model server state = "Connected"
' 0:< Time: 3/29/2016 10:26:26:793 Calling: WriteData
'  1.563004        6:<<Storing tables/ALL_GAPS   0.376107/Threshold_GAPs 88%
' 0:<   System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Castle.MicroKernel.ComponentActivator.ComponentActivatorException: ComponentActivator: could not instantiate Autodesk.Revit.RS.Service.Protected.Model.ModelServiceImplementation ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "System.Security.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal", name = "(none)".
'Exception occurred while: while resolving.
'Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The type ClaimsPrincipal has multiple constructors of length 1. Unable to disambiguate.
'-----------------------------------------------
'At the time of the exception, the container was:
'
'  Resolving System.Security.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal,(none)
' ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type ClaimsPrincipal has multiple constructors of length 1. Unable to disambiguate.

' 1:< Operation - AbortWriteData: ModelSessionToken: User's Name  , Operation GUID 85098998-275a-4ab9-8a59-3986d2d3c76b, Central server = "model15.skyscraper.autodesk.com", Path = "CLD:\\
' 1:<  1 ModelServerState "serverBasedOperationIsAllowed": Current server = ":Not Queried", Model server = "model15.skyscraper.autodesk.com", Model server state = "Connected"
' 1:< Time: 3/29/2016 10:26:28:990 Calling: AbortWriteData
' 1:< Time: 3/29/2016 10:26:29:063 Returned from: AbortWriteData
' 1:< SLOG $f2c88ee5 2016-03-29 10:26:29.063 <STC:Save
' 1:< TaskDialog "This operation could not be completed. Please try again."
'Id : TaskDialog_Operation_Could_Not_Be_Completed
'CommonButtons : Close
'H 29-Mar-2016 10:26:31.707;   1:<
Jrn.Data "TaskDialogResult"  _
        , "This operation could not be completed. Please try again.",  _
         "Close", "IDCLOSE"
' 1:< logAnalyticsRequest_
' 1:< Keys Count: 14
'C 29-Mar-2016 10:26:31.707;   1:< SkyscraperClientHost.LogAnalyticsRequest: AnalyticsProperties:
'api_category: Analytics
'context_call: GUI:Operation Could Not Be Completed
'context_job: Sync With Central and Compact Model

BIMologist
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
mchervenak
in reply to: nmysorewala

Our team is also down trying to use C4R this morning.

Using 20151208_0715(x64)
Update Release 11

with Autodesk BIM 360 add-in app R7 for Autodesk Revit 2015

Attempting to sync with central we get the attached 'Operation could not be completed' message.  We have checked network connectivity and there are no other connectivity issues.

Attaching A360 log files as well.

Message 3 of 26
BIMologist_
in reply to: nmysorewala

Just found out about this site when I was able to connect with Tech Support

https://health.autodesk.com/

Degraded

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Autodesk Expert Elite Member
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting
Autodesk Expert Elite Member

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 4 of 26
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: mchervenak

@mchervenak wrote:

Our team is also down trying to use C4R this morning.

Using 20151208_0715(x64)
Update Release 11

with Autodesk BIM 360 add-in app R7 for Autodesk Revit 2015

Attempting to sync with central we get the attached 'Operation could not be completed' message.  We have checked network connectivity and there are no other connectivity issues.

Attaching A360 log files as well.

We have a thread already ongoing to discuss this issue.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 26

We have some people in one of our offices who had issues with their models this morning also.

Kevin

[otakHG_sigLogo]
Kevin Janik | AIA | LEED AP Building Design + Construction | GGP - Green Globes Professional | ENV SP - Envision(tm) Sustainability Professional | Otak Associate
808 SW 3rd Avenue, Suite 300 | Portland, OR 97204
v: 503.415.2339 | f: 503.415.2304
www.otak.com
P at Otak, we consider the environment before printing emails.
The information transmitted in this e-mail message and attachments, if any, may contain confidential material, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Distribution to, or review by, unauthorized persons is prohibited. In the event of the unauthorized use of any material in this transmission, neither Otak nor the sender shall have any liability and the recipient shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the sender, Otak and its principals, agents, employees and subconsultants from all related claims and damages. The recipient understands and agrees that any use or distribution of the material in this transmission is conditioned upon the acceptance of the terms stated in this disclaimer. If you have received this transmission in error, immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this transmission including attachments, if any.
Message 6 of 26
mchervenak
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

I posted here because the thread you referenced said the issue was with a 2016 update and that it had been resolved. Our issue is in 2015 and has not been resolved. I understand now from the other posts that there is a global issue with C4R currently.
Message 7 of 26
mchervenak
in reply to: BIMologist_

Thanks for posting this link to the Health page. I searched for just such a thing before I posted but was unable to find it.
Message 8 of 26
KyleB_Autodesk

@mchervenak wrote:
I posted here because the thread you referenced said the issue was with a 2016 update and that it had been resolved. Our issue is in 2015 and has not been resolved. I understand now from the other posts that there is a global issue with C4R currently.

Good catch, I have renamed the thread.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 26
nmysorewala

@mchervenak wrote:

What he said.. Thats why I had created it too. Resolved and R2016

BIMologist
Message 10 of 26
sharla

We have been having the same problem yesterday and today in 2015.

Message 11 of 26
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: sharla

Sharla,

Our analytics indicate no widespread degradations of Cloud Worksharing reliability at this point, and that the major degradation yesterday is resolved..  Can you please describe the behavior you and your team are experiencing, and provide Revit Journals that illustrate that behavior?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 26
sharla

Thanks for the response! I have been able to access other models on A360, so I think we are just having a problem with 1 model. I can not open it and get a "Revit can not create a local file" message. Is there a process for resolving issues with a model on A360? (This is our first project on it). I have not been working on this project recently, but I will get a coworker who has been to post a Journal.

Message 13 of 26
KyleB_Autodesk

Can you send a journal from a Revit session that experienced the error?  I suspect I know the issue, but a journal will confirm.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 26
melee

Kyle,

I am Sharla's (above, same thread) Co-worker, attached is my latest journal file. Currently I am able to sync/save, but not able to sync & modify (Compact). More Importantly,  I have been unable to successfully Publish the model to A360 for sharing with consultants since yesterday, hope this helps, and please let me know if there is anything on my end that can resolve issues, thanks

-Mark

Message 15 of 26
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: melee

@melee wrote:

Kyle,

I am Sharla's (above, same thread) Co-worker, attached is my latest journal file. Currently I am able to sync/save, but not able to sync & modify (Compact). More Importantly,  I have been unable to successfully Publish the model to A360 for sharing with consultants since yesterday, hope this helps, and please let me know if there is anything on my end that can resolve issues, thanks

-Mark

Mark,

Took a look at the journal, and I see you opening two Cloud Workshared models, and successfully completing a Sync With Central for both.  If you guys are having consistent errors opening or executing a SWC, we'd need the journal to get to root cause.

As for publishing to A360, can you provide some more detail please?

• Is the "Manage A360 Models" dialog informing you that the publish operation failed, or can you just not view the model in A360?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 26
melee

Thanks Kyle,

When utilizing the "Manage A360 Models" and attempting to publish to A360 (clicking publish icon), the process churns a bit as usual, but after a period of time (couple of minutes) a red banner is displayed at the top of the window with a message,"Publishing 'ProjectFilenameHere.rvt' latest version failed."

Also, my understanding is that while I can indeed sync, Sharla is currently unable to access the model.

-Mark

Message 17 of 26
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: melee

@melee wrote:

Thanks Kyle,

When utilizing the "Manage A360 Models" and attempting to publish to A360 (clicking publish icon), the process churns a bit as usual, but after a period of time (couple of minutes) a red banner is displayed at the top of the window with a message,"Publishing 'ProjectFilenameHere.rvt' latest version failed."

Also, my understanding is that while I can indeed sync, Sharla is currently unable to access the model.

-Mark

Mark,

Thanks for clarifying.  We are going to need Sharla's journal to figure out what's going on there.

As for the publishing issue, a couple more clarifying questions:

• Was this model previously publishing to A360 without error?
  • Have you tried to publish to A360 this morning with the same failure?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 26
sharla

Attached is my current Journal.

Message 19 of 26
melee

Kyle,

Yes, this same model has been previously published multiple times without error over the course of the last six months, and the last successful (i think, at least I did not get the error message) was sometime between 11:00 am - 12:00 noon on Tuesday March 29,2016...

I have tried multiple times since then to publish with the same error

-Mark

Message 20 of 26
KyleB_Autodesk

Sharla,

This is what I thought might be the case -> A chunk of the latest version of the Cloud Workshared model is corrupt, and that's causing an error when your instance of Revit tries to assemble the latest version of the model during Model Open.

Mark doesn't have this problem, since he is likely the last person to do a SWC operation, so his local cache of data is up-to-date and doesn't need to try and download that corrupted data chunk.  Here's how you can resolve the issue:

1. Have the last team member to successfully SWC carry out the operation again, as long as you have not cleared that user’s local Collaboration Cache.  You can use the Manage A360 Models dialog to view the SWC history in order to identify who was last.

This works because the underlying defect isn’t caused by a corrupted local data cache, but a soon-to-be-fixed error sending a binary chunk to the Cloud Worksharing service.  The last user should be able to open the model on their machine, as they don’t have that corruption locally, and then a SWC would “fix” the bad binary up in the cloud.

1. Roll back the model to the previous SWC version.  This can be done when viewing versions in the Manage A360 Models dialog in Revit by any team member.  The very last SWC committed to the Cloud Worksharing service would be backed out, but the team will be back and running.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report