Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

REVIT 2017 INSTALLATION PROBLEM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
223 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT 2017 INSTALLATION PROBLEM

I have never had any problems downloading Autodesk software..until Revit. I have now tried every which way to download it. I've installed and installed. I've gone through the logs. I've also downloaded the Diagnostics app (AIDA) which didn't work to give me a solution. It just gave me an error message. I have included the log files for the download error as well as the error message from the diagnostics app. By the way I have also turned off my firewalls, tried downloading it from my drive, tried the browser download. Also anything I have read to do, you name it, I have done it!

Apparently this community board is the only way to get answers but honestly it would have saved me about 6 hours of trying to figure out a solution from a million different links if I could have just talked to someone on the phone ๐Ÿ˜ž

PLEASE HELP, i need to install Revit ASAP. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
FranciscoEloy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Your log is reporting an error with the instalation of Microsoft Visual Basic++

(..."Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603"..)

Autodesk has an article on this issue which applies to a bunch of products, check it here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/2011-Troubleshooting-Err...

I had this issue just last week, and it turn out to be a mcafee live virus scan that I forgot to disable, that was preventing this to be installed, with no warning whatsoever.

I see you've disabled it. Nevertheless double check it. I was able to complete the install by installing the all libraries manually as described in the article. In my case I installed them all from the Autodesk download folder. Didn't need to go to the microsoft Visual C++ downloads

(something like C:\Autodesk\Your_Autodesk_Product\x86\support\3party\VCRedist\...)

Regarding phone support, it depends on your contract. Autodesk has a phone line 24/7, and has a product support team dedicated to Installation & Licensing issues. Might worth to take a look. ๐Ÿ˜‰

(2nd post. first one got lost)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report