Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request an invite to a cloud project in REVIT 2019

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
abigail.olivieri
647 Views, 3 Replies

Request an invite to a cloud project in REVIT 2019

Since the communicator window was done away with in REVIT 2019, how does one send a request to the client to add a user to the project? In the past (REVIT 2018) i was able to click the small gear icon in the communicator window and click on "INVITE" and send the request.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kelsey.S
in reply to: abigail.olivieri

Hi @abigail.olivieri,

If you are not an admin, then you would have to contact an admin to have the other user invited.

Alternatively, you could also ask for admin rights that way you can add users on your own.

You could also suggest this as a recommendation for functionality improvement in the following Ideas Forums:

BIM 360 Ideas Board

If my reply was helpful, please "Like" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Kelsey Skaug
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 3 of 4
abigail.olivieri
in reply to: Kelsey.S

@Kelsey.S thanks.  I have been assigned as admin., but i dont know where to send invite request from 2019.  As in my post in the earlier versions of REVIT (e.g. 2018) there is a small gear icon in the communicator window from where i would generate such request.  Now since this communicator window no longer is used in later versions i dont see from where to generate those invite request.

Message 4 of 4
Kelsey.S
in reply to: abigail.olivieri

Hi @abigail.olivieri,

That's right, BIM 360 Design doesn't currently have the functionality of generating invites from within the Revit software. Project admins now add, remove, and resend project invitations from within Autodesk BIM 360 website.   

Here are some helpful links on the topic:

To Add and Remove Project Members

Getting Started with BIM 360 Design

Docs Folder Permissions: Difference between 'Invite member' & 'Add new member' (A BIM 360 Design community forum post that may interest you)

If my reply was helpful, please "Like" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Kelsey Skaug
Autodesk Technical Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report