Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassign a BIM 360 Team Hub?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
366 Views, 5 Replies

Reassign a BIM 360 Team Hub?

Hello all, a client of mine set up a C4R license about a year ago and I added them to my company's Team Hub. Now that they are ready to fully adopt C4R for themselves, I'm wanting to create a new Team Hub for their company so all their extra licenses can be pointed to theirs and not mine. Is there any way to reassign a Team Hub with an existing Autodesk User ID? Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rndmann9
in reply to: Anonymous

Im green at collaborate too but wouldnt you just make one of the "others" Admin of the hub and then they can make the associations. They would then set their people as team members and make their hub the default.  Then if you guys work together on a project they would make you part of the project team or make you a project member on that team.  It is extremely confusing.  I cant even get mine to work from home and I am the Manager of the hub and the manager of the project I have set up so there is that...

Message 3 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: Rndmann9

When the other company purchased their C4R subscription, part of their setup was to activate their own hub. When signed into the Team interface switching between hubs to manage them is not obvious. If you click on your avatar in the upper right corner you get the option to switch between hubs. You can the change your default hub under Settings:

team_hubs.png

Does that help?

Dave

Message 4 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: dswilson

This article also helps explain the subtle differences between Projects, Users and Roles and may help to clarify managing them.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/a360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Understan...

Regards,

Dave

Message 5 of 6
Rndmann9
in reply to: Anonymous

I was under the impression that they were trying to merge one up with another and abandon the first.   Maybe I read it wrong.  I had a similar issue with one of my guys but he didnt have that much in it yet so I just had him recreate his project in the proper hub.  His was part of a trial version.  Would be a nice feature especially with design assist projects where you might take ownership of someone elses project somewhere down the line but I guess it would be just as easy to switch the hub as you stated -  I was familiar with that part.  I have figured a lot out in the last two weeks from messing with it.

Message 6 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: Rndmann9

I wasn't entirely sure how to interpret the request. Assuming you want to retain your hub then what I explained should work. Otherwise I think a request to Autodesk support to re-assign the hub Admin is required if you wish to "move" the hub to the other company. It is possible to move projects between hubs if that was also required. The following article discusses this.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-tips-tricks-tutorials/help-advanced-functionality-within-your-te...

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report