Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to create a family for wire suspensions

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
carro_sweden
343 Views, 0 Replies

Problems to create a family for wire suspensions

Hi!

I work as a lighting designer and need to build up our luminaires and equipment in a Revit model.

Now I have some problems to create a Revit family for wire suspension. With wire suspension I mean a metal wire where street luminaires are hanging on.

First of all it is a BIM project what means we need to make a schedule in the end to calculate how much wire we need.

The problem is which family this wire should belong to when I create it.

The easiest way is to just use the conduit commands and create a "type" with the name wire. Because with conduits you can "draw" from point to point. You can easy get all information you need in the schedule. You don't need to create a generic model family and then split the family in different types because every place have different lengths.

BUT the problem is a wire is not a conduit.

Tried to make a generic model but when you make a generic model you can't have length as an instance (easiest way as you can just make it longer with the "arrow") then you can´t see the length in the schedule. And then of course you can't make it as a generic model because you can't create a schedule of it.

I tried to make it as a mechanical equipment but then you can't show the lengths in the schedule.

So how should I do it?
Tried to google it but found nothing.

In the schedule i need to see types, dimensions and length and of course a lot of BIM parameters.

Maybe there is a wire finished in revit?

A simple problem but are really stuck in details now 😕
Could you guys help me out?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report