Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned downtime for update to C4R This Weekend

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
KyleB_Autodesk
743 Views, 29 Replies

Planned downtime for update to C4R This Weekend

The A360 Collaboration for Revit (C4R) service will be updated this weekend, requiring planned downtime of the service. This downtime will occur starting at 8pm PST Friday July 17th, and completing at roughly 8pm PST Saturday July 18th. An "all clear" email notification will be sent out upon verification of a successful service-side update. If you’d like to know immediately when the service is back online, or know of any service disruptions in the future, you can subscribe to email notifications from our new Cloud Service Health Dashboard.

The corresponding addon updates for Revit 2015 and Revit 2016, will be released later this weekend. The latest addons can always be foundhere, and you will be receiving a notification in Application Manager when the client download is available. The updated addon is not required to work with new service version - C4R 2015.5 will continue to function - although an update is highly recommended due to significant improvements delivered with this addon update.

Major enhancements in this update include:

• Substantial improvements in the performance for Synchronize With Central, realized through a new parallel upload capability.
  • The ability to continue to use the Communicator in-product messaging service even when Revit is hard at work.
  • Assorted bug fixes and reliability improvements.

Best Regards,
The A360 Collaboration for Revit Team

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
DarrenP
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

when did Autodesk release the health dashboard?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 30

Last week.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 30
DarrenP

thats cool

are there plans to get into more detail as far as what is being fixed like Microsofts Office 365 health dashboard?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 30
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

thats cool

are there plans to get into more detail as far as what is being fixed like Microsofts Office 365 health dashboard?

Right now the focus of the dashboard is details on the operational status of the service.  That doesn't mean we can't amend that given the right reasons.  If we could link to information on updates from the dashboard, would that be a good solution?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 30
DarrenP

yes especially for collaboration for revit

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 30
JADAstudio

The permalink to the installers and the new dashboard are most welcome!

Is there a revised ETA for the new installers?

Message 8 of 30
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: JADAstudio

They posted last night.  As always, they can be accessed here.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 30
DarrenP

just installed the update for it

now i am getting the Revit Cannnot run the external application Structural Analysis Startup Application, and Revit Cannnot run the external application GTP_Revit_RevitMainApp

the structural analysis start up error can be fixed by Autodesk releasing an updated version of the Structural Analysis Toolkit for Revit 2016 on the exchange app store

don't know about the 2nd error

2015-07-22_1513.png2015-07-22_1512.png

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 30
KyleB_Autodesk

Darren,

Those errors both seem related to incompatibility issues of those addons with the new Revit update. They are not related to C4R.  I'll check with the team to learn a little more about what might be the cause.

The second app is likely "Get the Point".

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 30
DarrenP

well i just installed Revit 2016 Service Pack 2 without the C4R update

revit starts up fine

closed revit and then installed just the c4r update and the start up errors occurred

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 30
KyleB_Autodesk

That means that those add-ins are likely impacted by changes to a specific config file that we updated as part of the latest update.  Let me check in on the matter a bit more.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 30
DarrenP

@KyleB_Autodesk wrote:

The second app is likely "Get the Point".

-Kyle

yea its Point Layout its no longer there in Revit after installing the c4r update

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 30
jheltz27

Kyle, will there be a new update coming this week to the plug-in after the maintenance this weekend? The Communicator has been all but useless the last 3 days since the new plug-in came out. It hasn't shown the full activity and I really don't like the fact that it now has to be manually opened each session and can't be docked or pinned on top. This was a step back in functionality in my opinion.
Revit Architecture Certified Professional
AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
Message 15 of 30
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: jheltz27

@jheltz27 wrote:
Kyle, will there be a new update coming this week to the plug-in after the maintenance this weekend? The Communicator has been all but useless the last 3 days since the new plug-in came out. It hasn't shown the full activity and I really don't like the fact that it now has to be manually opened each session and can't be docked or pinned on top. This was a step back in functionality in my opinion.

Can you please provide a little more description over the bhavior you are seeing with the Communicator tool?  I'm not familiar off hand with any issues around "not showing the full activity", and I'd like to have a clear picture to raise with the product team.

As for manually opening the tool, we had to di this in order to allow the tool to run outside of the Revit UI thread.  This means that you can use it while Revit is in the middle of a transacion, which was our largest request since we launched the service.  Do IU undersdtand correctly that you'd prefer to have a docking version of Communicator that locked up during long-running Revit transactions?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 30
jheltz27

Kyle, the Timeline in our Communicator doesn't show whenever someone else in the project is syncing.  Right now we only have users in our current office using the service and up until the last plug-in update it showed all activity with syncs in the Timeline including any syncs I performed which I believe is the intended behavior of the tool.  Last week it never showed any of my syncs and today it's not showing any of my team member's activity though it is showing mine on their end.  I can deal with manually opening the un-docked tool if it works as intended and lately it is not.  I would be nice to have the ability to always have the separate Communicator window always be on top of other windows.

AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
Message 17 of 30
jheltz27

We're also getting similar errors here for our Keynote Manager + add-in.  I have emailed the product team on that Add-in but wasn't sure if there was something you could assist them with.  It seems to have started around the time of the UR9 update last week.

Revit Error - KM+.png

AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
Message 18 of 30
KyleB_Autodesk

@DarrenP @jheltz27 Would you guys be kind enough to please post a Journal file that captures the error related to the addins?  The consensus from our dev team is that these will be critical to determining exactly what caused the issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 30
huq
Community Visitor

@jheltz27, could u send communicator log files back to me so we can investigate on it? You can locate them at "C:\Users\[current user]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Communicator\Logs", and just those around last week when you ran into the issue is enough. My email is "qing.hu@autodesk.com".

By the way, regarding the topmost behavior you want, you can acquire it by clicking the online status dropdown on the topright corner and select "always on top".
Message 20 of 30
jheltz27
in reply to: huq

Huq, I sent you an email with the log files.
AU 2015, 2017 & 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report