Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordinate Dimension arc leader

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rfoster
1313 Views, 6 Replies

Ordinate Dimension arc leader

With Ordinate Dimension types, if I have a small dimension, why is there not an option for an arc leader?  Am I missing an option in the settings?  The dimension does not fit, and all other dimensions on the sheet can have their location modified with an arc leader.

Thanks, 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DanFaba
in reply to: rfoster

Have you tried creating straight leaders and then changing them to arc?

After adding a text note to a drawing, you can add one or more leader lines to the note, using straight or arc leaders.

1. Select the text note.
  2. To add leaders, click Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel, and click the desired tool:
    • (Add Left Side Straight Leader)
    • (Add Right Side Straight Leader)
    • (Add Left Side Arc Leader)
    • (Add Right Side Arc Leader)
  3. Click as many times as desired to place leaders.
    Tip: To convert a text note's leader to an arc leader, select the text note, and on the Properties palette, select Arc Leaders.
  4. To remove the leader line that you added most recently, click Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel (Remove Last Leader). Click as many times as desired. As you click, leader lines are removed in the order they were added.

After you complete the text note, the attachment points (right or left, high or low) that you specified become the default locations for leaders in subsequent notes for the current session of Revit

Dan Faba
Autodesk Revit Technical Support
Message 3 of 7
rfoster
in reply to: DanFaba

My question does not concern text.  I understand how to add leaders to text.  The problem is the dimension style "ordinate" type does not have leaders.  Please advise on why this is the only dimension string type that does not include leaders.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
dobrienHKYZX
in reply to: DanFaba

This is not 'Solved'.
I too am frustrated with Ordinate dimension styles missing an option to have leaders.

@DanFaba wrote:

Have you tried creating straight leaders and then changing them to arc?

After adding a text note to a drawing, you can add one or more leader lines to the note, using straight or arc leaders.

1. Select the text note.
  2. To add leaders, click Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel, and click the desired tool:
    • (Add Left Side Straight Leader)
    • (Add Right Side Straight Leader)
    • (Add Left Side Arc Leader)
    • (Add Right Side Arc Leader)
  3. Click as many times as desired to place leaders.
    Tip: To convert a text note's leader to an arc leader, select the text note, and on the Properties palette, select Arc Leaders.
  4. To remove the leader line that you added most recently, click Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel (Remove Last Leader). Click as many times as desired. As you click, leader lines are removed in the order they were added.

After you complete the text note, the attachment points (right or left, high or low) that you specified become the default locations for leaders in subsequent notes for the current session of Revit

Message 5 of 7
pedro
in reply to: dobrienHKYZX

The "solved" tag on this is insulting and completely indicative of Autodesk's attitude towards users of REVIT. Everything in this program is a workaround.

Message 6 of 7
sasha.crotty
in reply to: pedro

Hi Pedro,

I'm not sure how it got marked as a solution (typically it is up to the original poster to mark posts as solved - this is not something Autodesk employees do), but you're right it does not address the original question. I've unmarked this as a solution to the question in this post.

I did a quick search of Revit Ideas and was not able to find this request. Would you mind posting this request there after a quick search to double check that I didn't miss an existing request for this improvement?

Thanks,
Sasha

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Message 7 of 7
Andre_Malan
in reply to: rfoster

Hello,

The ordinate dimension style does not have a leader to connect the number of the dim. to the dimention line. This is still an issue in Revit 2023.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report