Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Exporter 2016

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
chubbard
655 Views, 7 Replies

Navisworks Exporter 2016

Just intstalled and upgraded a project from 2015 to 2016. When i went to export to Navis i could not find the exporters.  No tab in Add-Ins and not in the export menu on the application menu.  So I opened and repaired the 2016 NW exporters and made sure all the Revit check boxes were there. Still not in the menus.

Finally i downloaed the standalone NW exporters 2016 and installed them.  Strange that i didn't get any errors about them already being installed.  But it appears they were successful. Still no exporters in the menus

Any idea why they are not installing properly?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dzanta
in reply to: chubbard

did you try resetting your revit ui?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 8
chubbard

Well its a new install so it shouldn't matter, but yes I did. No change

Besides AFAIK the export on the application menu is not dependent on that, so at least it should be there
Message 4 of 8
dzanta

Firstly make sure the Navisworks Exporters are installed in Add Remove Programs, ensure these are the correct 32 or 64 bit exporters for your machine, if they are not there then you will need to install them.

Navisworks Exporters Add Remove Programs

Double click "Autodesk Navisworks 2016 32 or 64 bit Exporter Plug-ins", not the Language Packs.

Then select Add or Remove Features

Ensure Revit 2016 is checked, if it is not then check it but you may need to browse to the Revit folder.

Follow the Update process agreeing to any further dialogues.

Restart Revit, if exporters not available then restart machine.

You should now find the exporters available in the Add-Ins menu.

And in Revit 2016 you will also find the exporters under the Export menu.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 8
chubbard

Yep did all that even uninstalled the exporters and reinstalled them ensuring all the boxes were checked reset the UI still not there. Very strange
Message 6 of 8
dzanta

at this point, I would say have Autodesk Tech Support contact you to remote into your system to help fix it.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
SteveCardinal

Did you ever find a solution? Having the same problem. It doesn't even put the nwexportrevit2016.addin in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\REVIT\Addins\2016 folder. Have uninstalled / reinstalled Revit, Manage, and the Exporters. Still nothing,

Message 8 of 8
chubbard
in reply to: SteveCardinal

Yes Tech support helped me/. 

Basically i removed all the exporters deleted the install folder, cleaned the temp directory and dsabled MalwareByetes and Defender.   It installed correctly after that.

I suspect that there was a permission issue on the install folder and or MalwareBytes was intercepting the installation. It was only an issue for the exporters as Navisworks installed correctly otherwise. 

I also think the initial issue was the order in which the suite installed.  Revit was last so there was nothing to install the exporters to and then they would not install after that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report