Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutual model versions simultaneously on one license - possible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andersorum
210 Views, 1 Reply

Mutual model versions simultaneously on one license - possible?

Hello.

I have the Autodesk building design suite.

I’m working in an architectural company and we have a license server.

I’m working on several projects that go in different Revit versions. Upgrading a model to a newer version is, as we know, a big issue when working with many collaborators. It is not a solution to upgrade all models to the latest version.

My problem is that I have to close one project to open up another in a different version. That goes for all programs in the building design suite in a certain version - Mostly Revit, Autocad, Navisworks, etc.

I find myself using half my day closing and opening projects in order to solve small tasks in different model versions, because I can’t obtain more than one license at a time.

Do we have to buy extra licenses just for spare, to solve this issue?

Sincerely
DesignGroup Architects A/S

Anders Ørum
Architectural Technology and Construction Management

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: andersorum

yes you are simply running out of licenses due to how Autodesk designed how their licenses work

if you need multiple versions open at the same time of any of the products inside of the suite this will consume muiltple licenses

this is as designed

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report