Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Users unable to Sync with Central

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
dtpeter2901
532 Views, 16 Replies

Multiple Users unable to Sync with Central

I'm getting an issue from multiple users with problems trying to sync.

dtpeter2901_0-1638207814740.png

Nothing on the Health page yet.  Wondering if others are having the same issue.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
vmaltsev
in reply to: dtpeter2901

Our office is also having this issue.

vmaltsev_0-1638208133217.png

The health page is getting a 504 gateway error as well.

Message 3 of 17
kevin_s

I'm on the forums looking for any reason why we would be experiencing downtime across multiple projects as well.  Autodesk Health Dashboard also not responding.  Getting a timeout and site unavailable message on that site.

(Perhaps there is quite an uptick of traffic coming onto that website, with a high volume of users wondering what the health of Revit Cloud Worksharing is.)

Message 4 of 17
jheltz27

Same issue here.  Can't access the Health Dashboard at all.

Revit Architecture Certified Professional
AU 2015, 2017 & 2019
Message 5 of 17
mdhutchinson
in reply to: jheltz27

Look like issues here too.

Message 6 of 17
epelfrey

Same issues on our end too.

Message 7 of 17
JADAstudio

Same here. Also seeing "You currently don't have access to Revit cloud models."

2021-1129-1003-19.jpg

Message 8 of 17
kevin_s

Do the Autodesk reps or forum moderators know that the Thanksgiving weekend has ended? 🙂

Hoping someone could acknowledge or share what kind of downtime we're dealing with here.

Message 9 of 17
dtpeter2901
in reply to: kevin_s

I was just able to Sync and the Health page refreshed.  

But no idea what happened or acknowledgment that something did.

Message 10 of 17
JADAstudio

Health Dashboard finally loaded for me but shows green across the board.

Message 11 of 17
JADAstudio
in reply to: JADAstudio

Finally now able to see cloud models. Waiting for official statement from Autodesk.

Message 12 of 17
sasha.crotty

Hi all,
There was indeed an brief incident this afternoon, but everything should be up and running again. Unfortunately there was a coincident issue with health.autodesk.com that prevented the team from updating the status there. As per our usual procedure we'll be evaluating the cause of the incident and taking steps to prevent it from recurring.
Apologies for any disruption this has caused.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty
Director, AEC Design Data

Message 13 of 17
mdhutchinson
in reply to: sasha.crotty

thanks!

Message 14 of 17
dtpeter2901

HI Sasha,

I remember a few years ago there was a larger outage that lasted quite some time.  After a number of requests and suggestions for Autodesk being open and honest about what happened, there was a rather extensive report that was provided.

It would still be really nice for those of us that use the product to hear (and or get) some details about the what and the why as well as how it was resolved.  

All of us that work in the IT/Software support area deal with weird anomalies all the time.  Our users demand that we provide them with details to prevent further disruptions to their workflows.

I think all of us here (maybe that's a big stretch) would be understanding that strange things (as well as accident/mistakes) happen.  I would again encourage Autodesk to be open and honest with the users about those items.  Sometimes it's as simple as an issue with a piece of hardware that's beyond your control.  I get that.  But it would still be really really nice to have a better understanding as to the why of issues.  Same holds true for the Audit Function inside of Revit.  Autocad tells you the issues and what it's fixing.  Just saying.

Anyway, Thanks for the update and continued support of the community. 

Message 15 of 17
sasha.crotty

Hi David,

Yep. I've been a big proponent of that kind of transparency here at Autodesk. It takes a while to identify the root cause & agree to mitigations, so I can't provide an answer now. We do provide summaries via Autodesk support for RCW incidents. Unfortunately we don't (yet) have a good place to post them publicly. I'm happy to have the summary for this incident posted here when available.

Thanks,

Sasha

Sasha Crotty

Message 16 of 17
sasha.crotty

As promised, here's the summary for the Nov 29th outage. Apologies for this taking so long. In this case it took a long time to track down exactly how the issue occurred.

Summary
On November 29th from 12:26p-1:15p EST, Revit Cloud Worksharing experienced a disruption in all customer workflows for US-based projects. Services in our EMEA region were unaffected. A further complication made it impossible to communicate status via the health dashboard during the incident.

Root Cause
The degradation occurred during deployment to improve the infrastructure that handles customer traffic. Due to an unexpected behavior in the third-party deployment tool, an unintended configuration change was introduced, disrupting the service. Once the configuration change was identified, it was reverted to the original state.

Unfortunately, a coincident issue with the health dashboard prevented our team from sharing the service status during this incident. We understand the importance of knowing when issues are occurring. We are exploring options to reduce communication gaps in the future.

Actions We’re Taking to Prevent Similar Disruptions
We recognize how important uptime is to our customers and strive to learn from every disruption. We have conducted an analysis of the factors that contributed to this outcome. As a result of this analysis, we have identified the following actions and improvements:

• Share our findings of unexpected behavior with the vendor of the deployment tool.
  • Eliminate the need to use this tool to deploy this kind of enhancement.
  • Improve critical service health alerts to accelerate detection of issues.
  • Longer-term, increase automation and adoption of new technologies to reduce the risk of unintended configuration changes.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this disruption may have caused for you and your teams and thank you for your continued support.

Sasha Crotty

Message 17 of 17
dtpeter2901

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for the explanation.

It really helps us understand the issues.  

Working with 3rd party vendors can create issues that are unforeseen as platforms try to work together.  

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report