Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Projects on C4R

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ANNARTHOMAS
327 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple Projects on C4R

All,

Our firm is new to A360 C4R.   We were invited by another firm to collaborate on a project they already had set up and have gotten several people set up in our office to collaborate successfully.

We are now considering setting up an entirely new project, not the one mentioned above.   Can a subscription of C4R be used to collaborate on more than one project simultaneously.  Meaning, can I set up our office hub in A360 team for the new project to test without affecting the project synchronization and set up that is happening on the first project?

I am trying to determine if I need two licenses of C4R for each user working on the two projects at the same time. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@ANNARTHOMAS wrote:

We are now considering setting up an entirely new project, not the one mentioned above.   Can a subscription of C4R be used to collaborate on more than one project simultaneously.  Meaning, can I set up our office hub in A360 team for the new project to test without affecting the project synchronization and set up that is happening on the first project?

Yes, that is exactly how the entitlement works.  A subscription to C4R = unlimited cloud worksharing across Hubs, Projects, and Models.

C4R Entitlement Model.png

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6

Hi Kyle

How do you set this up?

right now when i hit open from revit and go to a360 i only have access to the hub of my company, i cant find an option to change to the other company hub and collaborate in a project that they already invited me.

is this something you need to set up somewhere ?

Message 4 of 6

@ricardo.zepeda wrote:

Hi Kyle

How do you set this up?

right now when i hit open from revit and go to a360 i only have access to the hub of my company, i cant find an option to change to the other company hub and collaborate in a project that they already invited me.

is this something you need to set up somewhere ?

Have you accepted the invitation to the "other company" hub?  That seems the likely culprit here.  If you are a already a member of the Hub, you might just need to switch Hubs within the A360 UI:

Hub Switching.png

If the issue is not seeing the Project in the Revit UI, you might be using a different major release than the rest of the Project Team (2017 vs 2016, etc).

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your quick reply Kyle.

we are working on the 2016 version of revit. on the web i have no problem accessing all the info about the project.

but from the revit AU i cant even see the project they invite me in, neither can i initiate a collaboration using a360 to that particular project because is not visible in revit.

01.jpg02.jpg

Message 6 of 6

Sounds like that Project is setup in another major release of Revit.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report