Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving / Renaming server name

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
756 Views, 2 Replies

Moving / Renaming server name

Hi,

I don't know if it is the right board, but I have a question about Revit. I'm not a Revit user, but It-administrator.

We have a couple of thousands revit file on a UNC share on a server. We have replaced the old server with a new server and it is given a new name.

All files have been copied to the new server.

Now when we open a Revit file we are told that it looks like it has been moved from "\\OLDFS" to \\NEWFS" for all files, and it want to us to resave the file.

Only thing is that the file we need to save it to is the file we have open.

Is there a program from Autodesk that support changing the UNC path of all projects? or do we have to manually copy each file to desktop, open it and save it to original location?

Kind regards

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jdiala
in reply to: Anonymous

So far I haven't seen a program/addon that can solve your problem. Try the autodesk app exchange.

If your revit file is being workshared then It will save the UNC path on the file itself, so upon when creating a local file, the local file knows on where to syncronize. If you copy/move your file on a different path then that revit cental file becomes a local file and need to be save as a central file. Sorry for the bearer of bad news. 

read here 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jdiala

We decided to make a refference (CNAME) from the old server to the new server, so all Revit users now uses the old servername! It's a bad solution but currently the only one we could think of.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report