Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing many elements and cannot be opened

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shawn
1002 Views, 2 Replies

Missing many elements and cannot be opened

We have attempted to open a file in the Revit Cloud Worksharing environment. We received the error "The model is missing many elements, and it cannot be opened". I have tried opening with audit without any success. Looking for a way to get back up and running.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kelsey.S
in reply to: shawn

Hi @shawn

It would be good to try this solution related to corrupt families found in following article as it may lead to a solution for you. See: Cannot open file with audit in Revit

If you have not already done so, I would suggest verifying that all of the users interacting with the model are updated to the latest build of Revit. See: How to tie the Build number with the Revit update

This missing elements error can be associated with software updates needing to be applied. See: Many missing elements in Revit 2017 or later model

I'd also recommend that the user temp directory be cleared regularly. Revit uses this directory and when it gets too bloated, Revit performance can be impacted or other unexpected behaviors.  So first close Revit and your other applications. Then in Windows File Explorer, type %TEMP% for the path. Select all and delete. SKIP any files that Windows doesn't want to delete.

To get to work on the model, you could consider recovering a working backup file. See: Recover a Workshared File However,  as preventive measure, it would still be good to isolate the cause of the error message using the above resources.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Likes welcome.

Kelsey Skaug
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 3 of 3
shawn
in reply to: Kelsey.S

For now, we were able to open up one of the user's local file. We rolled back the cloud model a few versions without any luck. We are going to work with this model on our local server for the time being and re-upload to the cloud once we verify it is has all of the elements we need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report