Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing and Deleted Views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tsmiroldo
2385 Views, 4 Replies

Missing and Deleted Views

I noticed views that were placed on sheets have been deleted from the model. There was some extensive model clean up, so the immediate suspicion was they were deleted by accident. I was able to retrieve the views from an archived model and transferred all annotations over. However, I have been the ONLY person in the model the last 3 days and was working on a couple drafting views only. Today I noticed 5 of the previously 8 missing views were gone again. They are completely missing from the model. Additionally, many other sheets are missing all the detail lines that frame out the viewports on the sheet. This is VERY concerning. This is days of work completely lost for absolutely no explainable reason. Any ideas how this could be happening, beside someone secretly logging into our Cloud model and deleting things and leaving not trace of synchronization and signing in? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sahay_R
in reply to: tsmiroldo

Which views are we talking? Were any levels deleted by mistake - and the missing view were dependents?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: tsmiroldo

@tsmiroldo wrote:

I noticed views that were placed on sheets have been deleted from the model. There was some extensive model clean up, so the immediate suspicion was they were deleted by accident. I was able to retrieve the views from an archived model and transferred all annotations over. However, I have been the ONLY person in the model the last 3 days and was working on a couple drafting views only. Today I noticed 5 of the previously 8 missing views were gone again. They are completely missing from the model. Additionally, many other sheets are missing all the detail lines that frame out the viewports on the sheet. This is VERY concerning. This is days of work completely lost for absolutely no explainable reason. Any ideas how this could be happening, beside someone secretly logging into our Cloud model and deleting things and leaving not trace of synchronization and signing in? 

Here is one possible scenario:

You have one overall floor plan view with several call-outs on it.  The call-outs were placed on Sheets but the parent view wasn't.  During the cleanup, the parent view was intentionally removed and subsequently, all the call-out views were also removed, unintentionally.

Message 4 of 5
tsmiroldo
in reply to: ToanDN

These views were simple Sections, not call outs. Levels were not deleted. These were not dependent views. As I initially stated, I can understand if the views were accidentally deleted during the model clean up effort, but the problem is they also went missing after they were placed BACK in the model and placed back on the sheets

I have been the ONLY person in the model since the clean up was completed and have seen no activity on the communicator, besides myself. I have nearly 10 years experience in Revit and manage many of the models in our office. I am careful and meticulous about model clean up and carefully track activity in our models. It is unlikely the views were deleted during the initial clean up due to the nature of the clean up and the process we follow, but it's not impossible. The fact they went missing a second time with NO model clean up raises concern. I have run through the obvious, like Parent views being deleted, or call outs, etc... and I'm at a loss. The only work done in the model after the views were placed BACK in in the model was work on two unrelated drafting views. 

The only possibilities I can think of are:

Someone accessed the model and accidentally removed these views, but their activity is not showing up in the communicator 
Something very strange is happening with C4R and models are not saving and synchronizing correctly.

If it is another user accessing the model, I'd like to know if it's possible for someone to be active in a C4R model and show no evidence of synchronizing. If it's the later, I'm curious if anyone else has seen similar things happen where views, geometry, annotations, etc... were not saved.   

In a possibly unrelated issue, but still causing concerns with C4R, the plumbing engineer called to tell me he no longer had access to the project. After checking his status, I noticed his permissions were changed. I am the only admin on the project and any Role modifications have to go through me. 

Both of these issues have resulted in hours of lost work, and I cannot find a reasonable explanation. 

Message 5 of 5

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking your time to post this on the forum, 

The Revit journals will have captured everything from those sessions, so checking them out would be a way of knowing for sure if one of your users have accessed the file - You can also send the journal files to me, but they have to be all from the same session so I can compare the different operations. 

This would be the typical file path to the journals:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\Journals

Let me know how you would like to proceed, 

Thanks again. 

Jacob Westergaard

Autodesk Premium Support Team
AEC Premium Support Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report