Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage A360 Models not loading...

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
bd5cents
915 Views, 21 Replies

Manage A360 Models not loading...

I can't seem to retrieve the models that are currently hosted in the cloud from my "Manage A360 Models" button. Can someone please help me get this fixed? Thank you.

error.JPG

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: bd5cents

I haven't seen this one before.  Could you post a Revit Journal from a Revit session that encountered this error?  That will help us identify the root cause.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 22
bd5cents
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

The most recent journal file as requested. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled three times. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Revit. No luck.

Message 4 of 22
bd5cents

Message 5 of 22
KyleB_Autodesk

Thanks for the video.  That's a failure to onboard a model to the service in the first place, which is a little different than the Manage A360 Models dialog.  Regardless, the root cause is highly likely to be the same -> your network environment is blocking the necessary conditions required for Revit to communicate with the Cloud Worksharing service of the C4R product.

The easiest way to validate that is to just jump onto another WiFi network, or tether your smartphone, to see if the operations completes.  Sometimes that can be a challenge if you're dealing with a workstation with a wired connection, at which point you probably want to bring this article to your IT guy and say "are these conditions possible with our firm's current firewall configuration?"

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 22
bd5cents

The program worked fine just two days ago, and my colleagues seems to connect no problem. I don't see how it is a network issue. 

Message 7 of 22
bd5cents

Also,

The "Manage A360 Models" button, in a hosted A360 model file, presents the same error.

Brian

Message 8 of 22
KyleB_Autodesk

@bd5cents wrote:

The program worked fine just two days ago, and my colleagues seems to connect no problem. I don't see how it is a network issue. 

Because your Journal says it is a network issue, and our analytics for the service indicate normal usage today with typical high success rates of operations, so I can rule out a service-side degradation that would be causing the behavior.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 22
bd5cents

Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 22
bd5cents

Journal Log

Message 11 of 22
bd5cents

Spoke to our IT technician and we are not having are not having problems on our end.

Message 12 of 22
KyleB_Autodesk

I spoke with the brain trust on this one, and the consensus was that the next logical cause of this issue is a configuration file that is not being updated by our installer.  This typically happens if you have installed a Revit addin that is modifying that configuration file, despite API guidance from our Developer Network not to change that file.

The simplest solution is to rename your current config file (Revit.exe.config typically located at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2016), and download the "clean" version posted by one of our team members posted here.  Start Revit after and you should be back online.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 22
bd5cents

I'll give that a shot in the morning. Thanks for not leaving me in the dark on This and providing me with a potential solution. To clarify what's happening... I installed Bluebeams new update version of Revu 2016 yesterday. The cloud uploads worked just fine prior to launch of that yesterday. Once installed it stopped working. My bet is their addin affects that file you're talking about! I'll relay this back to Bluebeam tomorrow as well!
Message 14 of 22
bd5cents

Unfortunately, after renaming the old configuration file, and following this process. It didn't work. I'm still receiving the error. We really need this fixed. 😞

Message 15 of 22
bd5cents

Found this article that essentially describes the errors I'm going through.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

However,

I don't know where this said "corrupt" file is. All my projects open just fine...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-collaboration/collaboration-for-revit-cannot-upload-to-a360-with...

Message 16 of 22
bd5cents

Jrn.RibbonEvent "TabActivated:Add-Ins"
' 0:< ::20:: Delta VM: Avail -2 -> 8383900 MB, Used +11 -> 797 MB, Peak +8 -> 798 MB; RAM: Avail -149 -> 8286 MB, Used +13 -> 902 MB
'E 25-Feb-2016 08:02:23.083; 0:<
Jrn.MouseMove 0 , 1310 , 87
'E 25-Feb-2016 08:02:23.084; 0:<
Jrn.AppButtonEvent 1 , "Application Menu is opening"
'E 25-Feb-2016 08:02:23.641; 0:<
Jrn.AppButtonEvent 0 , "Application Menu is closing"
'E 25-Feb-2016 08:02:23.702; 0:<
Jrn.Command "Ribbon" , "Open an existing project , ID_REVIT_FILE_OPEN"
' 0:< Unnecessary nesting;ArrowUI_4;-1;ID_REVIT_FILE_OPEN ;N++EB(NB);
' 0:< ::24:: Delta VM: Avail -16 -> 8383885 MB, Used +3 -> 800 MB, Peak +2 -> 801 MB; RAM: Avail -3 -> 8284 MB, Used +4 -> 906 MB
' 0:< logIntoA360 - starting to check and enforce A360 login.
' 0:< ::24:: Delta VM: Avail -3 -> 8383883 MB, Used 800 MB; RAM: Avail -70 -> 8214 MB, Used +0 -> 907 MB
' 0:< Management Client error: InternalServerError
'E 25-Feb-2016 08:03:32.961; 0:<
Jrn.AddInEvent "AddInJournaling" , "MessageBox(OK,Error).Click(Cancel)"
'H 25-Feb-2016 08:03:33.612; 0:<
Jrn.Data "File Name" _
, "IDCANCEL", ""
'C 25-Feb-2016 08:03:33.627; 0:< idle0_doc

Message 17 of 22
KyleB_Autodesk

Thanks or posting this.  I'm getting this issue escalated to the product support team for official handling, as I've exhausted things I can do over the forums.

The key snippet comes from your original journal, when the model onboarding command fails:

' 1:< ::17:: Delta VM: Avail +5 -> 8384461 MB, Used +0 -> 547 MB; RAM: Avail -75 -> 9145 MB, Used +1 -> 649 MB, Peak +1 -> 649 MB 
    'C 24-Feb-2016 10:03:16.023;   1:< Collaborate: GetCloudProjects: exception getting A360 Projects list:  
    'C 24-Feb-2016 10:03:16.025;   1:< Collaborate: CommonManagementClientExceptionProcessed: Error: HTTPResponseCode InternalServerError 
    ' 1:< TaskDialog "An error occurred while communicating with A360."

Your machine is not able to connect with the Cloud Worksharing service due to configuration or network issue.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 22
bd5cents

We need this resolved as soon as possible. We have deadlines that need to be met, and we've been trying to resolve this for two days now.

!Please!

Message 19 of 22
bd5cents

Our service has been down for two days. No one at Autodesk is responding to our concerns, it's been pushed up past two or three divisions, and I'm still locked out. This needs to be addressed immediately! I was told that I would be receiving a call in an hour and a half... six hours ago. We may have to pull the plug on this annual subscription.

Message 20 of 22

Hi,

Did you hear back from support yet?

What we know so far (correct me if I'm wrong):

- Only you (or your system is affected)

- All other systems on your network is working fine.

- No problem at our end.

This all points to that something happend at your end, either with your system, network(settings) or userid.

- 'Stupid' check, but have you checked that someone didn't remove you from the hub?

- Did something get updated on your system?

- Updates to virus scans or security software?

- Internet settings (proxys etc)?

- Did you get any feedback from Bluebeam regarding their update?

If it worked before that but fail after, it's sound like it might be related........ 

I don't have Revu here but I'm currently downloading it to check if there is any obvious problems (very slow...)

Let's start with some 'basic' troubleshooting:

- With the same windows login on one of your colleges system that is working - Can you log in to A360 in Revit and see if it's working

If this is working, it's probably related to your system...

- Did you try turning off the Windows Firewall (if running)?

- Check the proxy settings (or have your IT guy check it) and make sure they are correct (Control Panel-Internet Options-Connections Tab-LAN settings)

- With the same windows login on your system - Can you have one of your collegues log in to A360 in Revit?

If this is working, the problem might be with your account.

Regards

lars-ake{dot}johansson{at}autodesk{dot}com

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report