Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Access to Cloud and Trying to Recover a File

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cindy_wMT7GR
310 Views, 4 Replies

Lost Access to Cloud and Trying to Recover a File

Hi,

I am currently a college student who is new to Revit and Cloud Workshare (on subscription thanks to Solar Decathlon) and I was working on a model but I suddenly lost access to Cloud and did not save a local copy of the model. Everyone else in the Cloud was also removed due to the DOE removing access. The file is on my recent files but does not allow me to open it (due to removed access to Cloud) and says I have to contact my administrator. I was wondering if there was any way I could recover or save a copy of the model. The last local copy that anyone on the Cloud made was a few months ago so there was a lot of progress made that will be lost if the model is lost forever. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RSomppi1
in reply to: cindy_wMT7GR

Local copies are made every time you open a cloud model. They are in your user folder under App Data/Local/Collaboration Cache. The name is cryptic. You may have to do a little investigation to figure out which is what.

Message 3 of 5
cindy_wMT7GR
in reply to: RSomppi1

So I think the problem is that I boot-camped my MacBook to be able to use Revit. I had found some forums about the App Data folder but I checked and it's not there (checked in both the Bootcamp Windows version and the iOS version). The furthest I can get is C:\Users\%USERNAME%. I'm not sure if there is an alternative method to get access to the Collaboration Cache. 

Message 4 of 5
RSomppi1
in reply to: cindy_wMT7GR

It’s a hidden folder. In Windows you need to make hidden folders visible.

Message 5 of 5
cindy_wMT7GR
in reply to: RSomppi1

Thank you so much! I didn’t realize that I had to turn on hidden folders. I was successfully able to recover the file!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report