Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked files unloading themselves after save to central

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
19397 Views, 21 Replies

Linked files unloading themselves after save to central

Without warning one day, 2 of my 7 Revit links unloaded themselves after a save to central. All of our linked Revit files are detached and saved as their own centrals when we receive them. All the links reside in the same folder on the server. I am working from a laptop with a local login. Doing a Reload did nothing, literally. Reload From... had to be used to load the links again. This continued for several days as we troubleshot the problem. A Remove was not tried. We first thought it was a pathing issue since these two links were pathed locally and the other links used the network path. 

The fix we found was to open the linked file and make any change to it and then save it to central and exit. Then when we went to our main Revit file and a Reload worked. The file does not unload itself anymore. We are thinking that some action was performed on the server overnight that caused an issue with the pathed saved locations of these two files and making a small change and saving them again created a new, correct path link in Windows for the server.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

Thank you. I found the linked path was the problem.

Message 22 of 22
Kushal.Gite
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, One reason for that could be the Desktop connector version if you are working on the cloud sharing platform. I was having same issue, but get resolved after I updated my desktop connector version to the latest available. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report