Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked Files in C4R

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chubbard
282 Views, 2 Replies

linked Files in C4R

It would be great if we had a standard upload (or Sync) for linked Revit files in C4R.  Currently we have to open/collaborate/ create worksets/upload/create cache every time we get an update.  And if the linked file does not already have worksets enabled we have to delete the old file on C4R and initiate the process all over again.

Are you working on a way to upload to A360 team and have that available in C4R? Or alternately add an upload button to the manage models inside Revit. 

This will save me a few hours a week especially on projects in coordination where we freqently exchange models multiple times a week. 

BTW I am sure one response will be to have all parties on C4R.  Still cannot get buy in from ALL parties so we still are exchaning old school on some models. 

Ironically this puts a burden on the C4R team members as we have to follow the above process, while our models publish to A360 team and the non-believers just download. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: chubbard

@chubbard wrote:

It would be great if we had a standard upload (or Sync) for linked Revit files in C4R.  Currently we have to open/collaborate/ create worksets/upload/create cache every time we get an update.  And if the linked file does not already have worksets enabled we have to delete the old file on C4R and initiate the process all over again.

Are you working on a way to upload to A360 team and have that available in C4R? Or alternately add an upload button to the manage models inside Revit. 

This will save me a few hours a week especially on projects in coordination where we freqently exchange models multiple times a week. 

BTW I am sure one response will be to have all parties on C4R.  Still cannot get buy in from ALL parties so we still are exchaning old school on some models. 

Ironically this puts a burden on the C4R team members as we have to follow the above process, while our models publish to A360 team and the non-believers just download. 

Someting we are looking at right now, actually, thanks for reinforcing the value.  We see a couple of logical improvements here.  The first option simply enables the ability to locally link to the RVT from your consultant, while the second option is to make it much simpler to replace an existing model on C4R.  Any thoughts?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
chubbard
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

For us it would be better to be able to have (The consultant) file uploaded directly to C4R or A360 and we link to there.

I see some value in linking to c:\ but then other people would need to match the path so the same issue as DWG arises.  I think the cloud is the way to go.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report