Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with a quantity takeoff

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
L.ZambranoJFC2D
278 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with a quantity takeoff

Hello everyone,

I am struggling in creating a quantity takeoff of some architectural columns I have created from a dwg sketch.

When I create the quantity takeoff using the function in the view menu, I also specified the schedule fields for depth and width.

The problem is that these fields in the schedule are always empty!

I used always the same type of column and the same family (Architectural masonry column).

Now I need to categorise and count the columns according to their dimensions as I used approximately 10 different sets of sizes.

I also tried to use the schedule function, but seems there is no way to include the width and the depth in the main fields.

How can I sort it out? Could you give me some suggestions?

Thank you,

Lorenzo  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @L.ZambranoJFC2D,

You should be able to do that, can you send an snapshot of the configuration of your schedule?

Thanks

If this helped solve your problem please mark it as solution, so other users can get this solutions as well.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com
Message 3 of 4

Hi @novesvalentin,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find attached my schedule screenshots.

The first one is the actual columns quantity takeoff, with the row fields Width and Depth empty.

In the second I am showing you the columns schedule I created with the same issue.

If you need to look into something in particular do let me know.

Thank you,

Lorenzo

Message 4 of 4

@L.ZambranoJFC2D,

You can always take the information from those parameters to shared parameters like the example below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/sched...

You can also send me the family so I can check it as well.

If this helped solve your problem please mark it as solution, so other users can get this solutions as well.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report