Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC User Defined Property Set appears twice

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Simon_Weel
1618 Views, 2 Replies

IFC User Defined Property Set appears twice

Client wants some extra data gathered in IFC files for specific categories. So I created a 'User Defined PropertySet Definition File' and specified that file in the IFC Exporter. Exporting works fine, BUT when I open the IFC file with Navisworks or Solibri Modelviewer and browse to a floorplan > Spaces, the tab for Pset_SpaceCommon is listed twice:

2018-02-07_142136.png

Both tabs show a part of the defined properties. How do I get rid of the second tab so it will display all properties in a single tab?

Here's a snippet of the 'User Defined PropertySet Definition File':

Propertyset:	Pset_SpaceCommon	T	IfcSpace
	Category	Label	
	Reference	Identifier	
	Number	text	
	Name	text	
	BB_gebruiksfunctie	text	
	ZoneName	text	
	ZoneName2	text	
	ZoneName3	text	
	ZoneName4	text	
	ZoneObjectType	text	
	CeilingCovering	Label	
	FloorCovering	Label	
	WallCovering	Label	
	Area	Area	
	"Unbounded Height"	Length	
	Volume	Volume	
	Perimeter	Length	
	Level	text	

What am I doing wrong?

Simon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Simon_Weel

If you have "ticked" also "Export IFC common property sets" from the Revit ifc exporter and you have created a property set with the same name then you will get two tabs with the same name. I would recommend using a different name for your user-defined property set than the IFC standard property sets. I hope it helps. 

Kenet 

Message 3 of 3
Simon_Weel
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I would recommend using a different name for your user-defined property set than the IFC standard property sets. I hope it helps. 

Kenet 

I posted the same question in the IFC forum on Sourceforge and they responded the same. In fact, they say it's a big NONO to use existing property set names when adding your own custom property sets. Hence I renamed the property set to gather different information on a single tab. Simon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report