Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save as or export all family types files into individual rfa files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
39213MK4H7
409 Views, 7 Replies

how to save as or export all family types files into individual rfa files

Hello . I create a BIM model with parameters. So now I would like to export or save as all the sub-family type into individual rfa files. Do you know how to do it. As attached picture, I would like to save as or export all these there family types into three .rfa files.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wz264
in reply to: 39213MK4H7

Hello 39213MK4H7,

Hello,

You cannot save an existing family or a duplicated family from a .rvt file as far as I'm concerned. I believe what you are trying to do is create a family file which requires you to do that when you first start Revit. You can create a NEW family file which will have to be Imperial or Metric and you are given choices of what the family will be for example, is it a wall-based family, a roof-based family, etc etc depending on what kind of family you are trying to make. I hope this guides you in the right direction. Below is a screenshot of some choices.

PS A name to your profile or image would be cool.

Message 3 of 8
RSomppi1
in reply to: wz264

@wz264 wrote:

Hello 39213MK4H7,

Hello,

You cannot save an existing family or a duplicated family from a .rvt file as far as I'm concerned.

It appears that non-system families can be saved:

Save Family.png

Message 4 of 8
wz264
in reply to: RSomppi1

Seems like that option is available for 2d detail not sure about family with geometry. If someone else chimes in please verify in case I am wrong I will remove my answers.

Message 5 of 8
RSomppi1

@wz264 wrote:

Seems like that option is available for 2d detail not sure about family with geometry. If someone else chimes in please verify.

You don't need someone else, you can verify for yourself. Right click contextual menu.

Save Families.PNG

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

You cannot save family types to individual family files automatically.  You will have to save each family to an RFA, duplicate the RFA file, and delete types in the copies so that each RFA only has one type. 

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

@wz264 wrote:

Hello 39213MK4H7,

Hello,

You cannot save an existing family or a duplicated family from a .rvt file as far as I'm concerned. I believe what you are trying to do is create a family file which requires you to do that when you first start Revit. You can create a NEW family file which will have to be Imperial or Metric and you are given choices of what the family will be for example, is it a wall-based family, a roof-based family, etc etc depending on what kind of family you are trying to make. I hope this guides you in the right direction. Below is a screenshot of some choices.

PS A name to your profile or image would be cool.

1. The question is how to save different family TYPES to different files.

2. Contrary to what you suggested, you can save loadable families to RFAs, you can even save all of them at once to multiple RFAs using File > Save As > Library.

Message 8 of 8
39213MK4H7

Hi all , thanks for all your replies. Now I solved this issue. Here I would like to share what did I do.

First I split the txt file which include all the product values into individual txt files. 

Then copy the .rfa files and named same with the individual txt files name

then I insert all the rfa files in project in Revit in one time

then I save as all of them . Then I get all the individual rfa files

39213MK4H7_0-1708936197215.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report