Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO FORCE RELINQUISH TO A USER WITHOUT REVIT SOFTWARE?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
10058 Views, 5 Replies

HOW TO FORCE RELINQUISH TO A USER WITHOUT REVIT SOFTWARE?

Is there an option to log in online and do force relinquish. we dont have extra workstation and we don't want to waste our time taking someone's pc for this.

One of our workstation not working and the user left from the office.

without he relinquish I cant continues my work.

In Revit manage cloud models that user ID not Listed to do force relinquish.

and we don't want to close the project in someone's system to log in with that user who left from office and relinquish because to load the project it takes 3-4 hours.

we don't have that much time.

Please let me know is there any alternative option to log in online in the browser and force relinquish without Revit Software.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Your project shouldn't take 3-4 hours to open unless it isn't managed well.

I suggest you use worksets to separate model for faster work and load.

Can I suggest you open the model with only one workset open, it sounds like you aren't using worksets so teh default workset is workset1 close this and open the file, it should open faster then force relinquish

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 6
luna.ye

Hi  Narasimhamurthy.KC,

When another user who owns model elements is not available to relinquish those elements, you can force the relinquishment of those elements. Please refer to the steps in Revit help: 

Relinquish Elements in a Workshared Cloud Model 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: luna.ye

there is a problem with this method. if I do force relinquish that user cant sync his work when is come back to his system. is there any solution for that.

Message 5 of 6
luna.ye

Hi Narasimhamurthy.KC,

Thank you for the reply.

Currently, for Force Relinquish in all type of Revit worksharing models, please refer to Relinquishing the worksets of a particular user.

So can you provide the Revit journal files from this user that ID not Listed to do force relinquish and cannot sync? Location of journal files.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

at is the risk anytime you force relinquish. It's a trade off, either you need to force as the user forgot or missed syncing and your mow stuck and can't work, or you wait for the user to return and sync, if you have the users logon details you can relinquish for them. If the users is a experienced user they should know to sync every max 1/5 hour, if they didn't then their work is "at risk' anyway. 

So either they lose their work, which could happen if they don't sync often (model can go out of date if lots of others are editing the model) and you continue your work or you wait, currently these are the only options, unless someone else has something which is an alternative. (Would love to know if there is another option 🙂

Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report