Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is a piece of string?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
embolisim
233 Views, 1 Reply

How long is a piece of string?

Ok I know there probably isnt a straight asnwer to this, but I'm trying to get an idea of how much work in involved in installing & setting up Revit Server across a three office network, to contribute to a discussion as to whether we should go down this path.

TIA 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dzanta
in reply to: embolisim

Installing Windows Server 2008/2012 prerequisites for Revit Server takes about 30 minutes

Installing Revit Server on Windows Server takes about 15 minutes

Setting up folder structure within Revit Server can be quick or time consuming based on how many RS Central Models need to be transferred/created to RS

Installing RS for the workstations takes no time if you have Revit 2015 UR6 or higher already installed...ok...many 1 minute to confirm communication between workstations and revit server

Setting up firewalls/IE Enhanced security/etc. on Windows Server to allow for RS...this can take quite a bit of time of you are not familiar with Windows Server 2012 security settings...WS 2008 is not so bad.  If you have a separate firewall appliance, this adds to the mix.

X 3 servers

Theoretically, if all goes well...about 3 hours for you.

Remember....Revit Server file/folder access structure is different than the typical Windows file/folder access structure.  DO NOT install RS file/folder structure in the same location as your Windows file/folder structure location.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report